Chapter 39

I.

Halley rolled over on her back still panting hard from the recent orgasm. Her body still thrilled with the sudden rush and little cramps could still be felt. They had been together for some years, even if he was married. She didn't know if there were others, but he had been quite steady with her. Their age difference was considerable, but he was a vigorous man and the 20 years that separated them was not even noticed in bed. He too was breathing heavy, trying to stabilize after coming safely inside of her, after all she could still get pregnant ate the age of 44. They had been together for at least 5 years, if she was not wrong. They engaged on their affair in a party at the very famous Otello. By then he had seduced her into a fancy hotel room, and she had the wildest sex she could remember.

He was a generous lover. A man always willing to work on her and spend time on her. First, it was just the excitement of being with someone his age and also someone as powerful as he was in the English society, but as time went by, Halley ended up falling in love with him. She knew he would never be entirely hers. She didn't belong to any important family of the English aristocracy and he was married to a woman who had all the requirements he needed, still, the type of relationship they ended up developing suited her perfectly well. She had him in her bed many times and he'd visit her many times. Sometimes he sent her flowers with love notes. Maybe he also loved her, but she wasn't sure of it. He had never said it when looking in her eyes.

The rain was still falling heavily like it had started at the end of that afternoon. It did not subside even a bit. He had arrived at her place to have dinner with her and after, they fell on her bed for intense sex.

"Diana is coming to my office on Friday." She told him when she was finally able to breathe properly.

She looked in his green eyes while doing so, but he looked away. He seemed resented and Halley felt a little lost. He was never very opened about his private life.

"She doesn't want to talk to me." He said a little resented, she could confirm her suspicion right there and maybe a he felt little angry too.

"What have you done?" Halley asked for she knew how protective he could be of her. Maybe too protective.

She wanted to run a hand over his hair, but Constantine was not very fond of caresses. Sometimes she wondered about his past, because she knew something was behind many of his actions as a human being. Constantine trusted little or no one. He was bossy, he thought most of the times people were there to serve him. He showed no love, though she knew he was capable of loving. He was tender with her and maybe he had been tender with his wife at some point of their marriage. Or maybe, she was just in love with him and tried to find excuses that could justify his sometimes-hideous actions.

"I sent Jack to New York to end that stupid relationship of hers!" He said with such hate that Halley sat up on the bed. She pulled a pillow against the headboard and leaned against it.

"Constantine!" She exclaimed. "Why would you even do that?" She asked, but she knew some of his sordid stories.

Constantine would go far to get whatever he wanted, and she had helped him with some. Love had turned her blind at some point.

"Because I don't like him!" He spat. His eyes spitting fire as enraged as he was just at the thought of it. "I hate him..." He added. She saw his clenching his fist saying so.

"You don't even know him!" Halley tried to reason him though she knew it would be impossible. "How can you hate someone you don't even know?"

There, he looked at her. His eyes were so cold, she felt a shiver run down her spine. He scared her sometimes.