Part 7 :- Till 'Death' do us Part

{Note:- Mature content. Readers discretion advised. Will mark it with A/N at the beginning and end.}

Past

"Xian...?" YiJun asks hopefully; the woman smiles and directs YiJun's hand to her belly.

The immortal's breath hitches in his chest. He stares at where his hand rests.

"Jun, let me look at you." The woman cups YiJun's face; she wipes tears from his face, "Take me to our home."

YiJun nods, but before he can say anything, the woman's face contorts in pain, and she closes her eyes.

"Madam, madam ..." YiJun panics and supports the woman's shoulder as she falls in his arms, unconscious. He commands the driver to make haste.

On reaching home, he puts the woman down and checks her vitals. He notices that the woman is pregnant. The heartbeat is faint, but it's there. Hope rises in the immortal's chest after almost three hundred years of waiting. He knows it in his heart that the child in the woman's belly is his Xian.

"Yijun, who is she?" Shen asks, running over to his nephew.

"It's Xian, uncle, " He puts his hand on the woman's womb, "He is here."

"What!?" Shen exclaims; YiJun sits next to the woman, while Shen goes to Xian's unmoving body in YiJun's bed. He looks at the lotus mark on Xian's chest that had faded a little over the past month. But now, it had started to darken once again. Shen doesn't say anything to YiJun about the mark.

YiJun shakes Xiaohui's shoulder lightly and touches her forehead; he checks her pulse. While doing so, Xiaohui opens her eyes slowly and looks around the room.

"Madam, you have a fever," YiJun informs her and brings a bowl of water and wets a cloth. He wipes the woman's forehead, trying to get the temperature under control.

Xiaohui smiles pitifully, and tears roll down her face. She looks at Shen, "Sir, could you give us a few minutes alone?"

When Shen leaves the room, the woman looks at YiJun, "Jun, I don't have much time." her voice is barely a whisper.

"No, I will take care of you, madam. I am a doctor." YiJun informs, taking the woman's hand in his.

YiJun helps the young woman sit up. Once again, she cups the immortal's face, "It's too late. They poisoned me. I didn't know it then. They didn't want their commodity to lose its value."

YiJun keeps shaking his head, unable to wrap his mind around what the young woman was saying.

Xiaohui strokes his arm, trying to comfort him. "He will come back to you. He has missed you. He loves you." She reassures, and tears escape YiJun's eyes, "What can I do for you?"

She wipes his tears, "Help me take off my clothes." she says, holding YiJun's wrists; YiJun's eyes widen in shock. "Madam!"

The woman chuckles despite the pain, "Xian, wants a kiss." She says, pointing to her womb. YiJun understands then what the woman is trying to say; he makes quick work of removing the outer garments, leaving the woman in her inner-wear.

Satisfied, she guides his hand over her belly and smiles.

"Xian... " YiJun whispers. "I love you. I have kept my promise to you. Every dusk and every dawn, I still spend with you." YiJun ends his confession and crouches next to the woman. He exposes her belly and caressing it gently; he kisses it.

The woman's breath hitches in her throat. Her body trembles. YiJun looks up and sits next to her, "What's wrong?" He asks in an urgent tone and catches her eyes.