Part 6 :- Till 'Death' do us Part

Past 

*About three hundred years since YiJun had started waiting for His Xian to return*

One day while following an alleged rapist, YiJun happens to cross a red-light area; a familiar scent assaults his senses. He follows it and ends up in front of a brothel. 

The past century had made YiJun cold and distant. After the soldier, Xian's lookalike, had called him a freak, he had felt miserable and had lost his will to practice medicine. He had already waited for three hundred years without finding his Xian; as the time had gone by, he had felt more and more sure that if his Xian were ever to return, it would be in the body he had taken care of for the past centuries.

'How can I possibly find my Xian here?' YiJun thinks, but a small voice in his head pushes him to follow his senses, 'What if it's him!'

As soon as YiJun goes inside, and he has an urge to puke. The disgusting smell of sex makes it hard for him to follow the familiar scent that had brought him there. 

YiJun looks around the place; a few women approach him, but he dismisses them with a look. 

That is when his eyes fall on a beautiful woman with creased brows and pursed lips. She is surrounded by men who are directing their lustful gazes at her.

YiJun walks closer and notices that the woman is crying. Her eyes are helpless. 

When YiJun walks closer still, the woman looks at everyone helplessly, with pleading eyes: Xian's eyes. She has a mole on the left side of her lower lip. 

 Shocked, YiJun walks towards her. She blinks and looks up at the immortal; her eyes widen, and she smiles. 

It's Xian's smile.

YiJun's heart starts racing. He sits among the men, who are waiting for something to happen. 

 "What is happening?" He asks one of them. 

 "We are waiting for her to get sold." One of the men responds.

"This is a brothel, not a slave auction," YiJun says, looking at the woman.

"Shuuuuuu, keep your voice down. How did you get here if you didn't know about this place!? Anyway, every week a new woman is sold here. Only the rich and powerful can afford it. The auction is about to start in a few minutes. The three men you see sitting there," the man points to the men sitting closest to her, "They are today's bidders."

YiJun smirks, looking at the three men, "Can anyone bid?"

"Yes, if you are rich enough." the man answers excitedly, "Now shut up, the entrance to view the examination is about to open."

YiJun's brows crease, "Examination!?"

The man chuckles, "They are going to show her off inside. There is a fee to get inside and take a look. Only the bidders can touch, though."

YiJun's blood boils. 'How can anyone be so disrespectful to a woman!?' Schooling his features, he follows the men as the brothel madam drags the woman inside.

Once everyone is inside, the organizers close the door; the madam speaks, "This woman of exceptional beauty can belong to only one. As is tradition, I will now disrobe her so you can see how beautiful she is, and what those who can't afford her are missing." The madam chuckles.

Tears start rolling down the woman's face staining her beautiful face; YiJun's heart hurts, and before he knows what he is doing, he walks to the madam and stops her from touching the young woman.