TWENTY-EIGHT

~Forth~
It is Saturday evening and we just finished the SOTUS ceremony. Our seniors dispersed the engineering gear, that held a significant meaning. The emblem represents the engineers heart, when gifted or given to someone else, it represented you giving them your heart to take care of. I watched as the two love birds exchanged theirs and gushed over each other. " Ewww, get a room!!! My heart can't take all this PDA" I teased them. Lam rolled his eye at me, while Park just laughed.

They handed us back our phones. We were allowed to do whatever we want. Some were having a party on the beach while others went off to the nearby clubs. Park and Lam decided to go on a date, which they invited me. But I had no desire to be the third wheel. I took my phone, and headed back to my hotel room. I turned on my phone, to text Beam about the SOTUS experience when I noticed he had read my messages.

I quickly sat up to collect my thoughts, *okay should I call him? His phone is on now. Is it too late now (1:09 am).... what should I do?!!!. I was about to call Lam when I noticed the three bubbles, indicating he was typing. HOLY!!! SHIT!!! I waited to see his response, and it said " Let's have a talk when you return-Beam". OMGosh!!! What should I do!!! I rode with Park and Lam here, I didn't bring a car. I quickly called Park, and asked to borrow his car, I will return Tomorrow to pick them up. He agreed, I grabbed the keys and stormed off. I didn't want to reply with a text. I wanted to see Beam face to face.

~Beam~
I started reading Forth's messages earlier on in the day and it is almost midnight. After, reading those messages I thought I at least owe him the right to explain himself. I contemplated whether to do so or not. Right before I went to sleep, I sent him a text that we should talk. I know based on his last text that, he was at SOTUS and I won't hear from him until Sunday. So I clicked sent and went to sleep.

*knock knock!!!BEAM!!...* I was in deep sleep when I heard a knock on my door. It was pouring rain outside, so it took me a while to hear. I turned over to check my phone and it was almost 3am. Who the hell is that???. I peeped throw the hole, and saw a drenched Forth, on the other end what is he doing here at this our. I abruptly opened the door, and standing in front of me in drenched clothes was Forth. " You said to wanted to talk! 😆-Forth. He can't be serious. " OMGosh, hurry in before you catch a cold!" I opened the door wide enough for him to get in.

~Phana~
The drive from my grandma's to the city was about 45mins to an hour. But it started raining heavily, just when I had arrived at Beam's. I sat in my car for about 5minutes rehearsing what I was going to say. I have never been this nervous in my life. I gripped my steering wheel tight and told myself is either now or never. Just when I was about to step out, someone with their high beams on. Parked their car crookedly and runned up the stairs

*who is the maniac driving recklessly at this hour?* I was shocked when I arrived at Beams floor. The maniac I just witnessed was in fact FORTH! He banged on Beam's door drenched in water. For some reason I stood frozen at my spot. A part of me wanted to walk up to him, and knock him out. And a part of me wanted to walk away and throw in my towel. But I couldn't do none, but stood there.

I waited until Beam opened the door. *Yell at him and tell him to leave BEAM!!! I'll run to your side and never let go!!* I watched as they calmly exchanged words, and Beam invited him inside. I slowly shuffled my steps back to my car. I took it as a sign, perhaps it's time I ended this one sided love. Because the ache in my heart was too much to bare. I sat in my car, until day break. Forth never came out from Beams suite.

~Forth~
I don't know how many road violations that I broke driving back to the city, but all I could think of was getting to Beam. I didn't bother to park the car appropriately when I arrived, I got out and quickly dashed up stairs. I couldn't wait on the elevator. I knocked on the door a couple times... he must be in deep sleep because it took him a while to open the door. To say he was shocked 😳 to see me is an understatement. There he stood in a shirt and his boxers, with his hair tied up. Why the hell does he look this good, just waking up?

I gulped and gathered my thoughts. " You said you wanted to talk" I said panting for air. He allowed me inside because I was drenched. I stood by the entrance while he got me a towel and a change of clothes." I thought you didn't have access to your phone because of SOTUS?"-Beam. I wiped my hair, while answering him. " Yea, it was over by 11:30pm, I happened to see your text right before heading to sleep". Beam made his way to the kitchen, putting the kettle on to make some tea. He handed me a cup of tea, and said "explain yourself!😒"-Beam.

The tension in the room was so thick, it could be cut with a knife. I cleared my throat and proceeded, "About the BET... ummm, it's true, there was one in place. It was placed way before I met you and got to know you.But!!! All the moment we shared were genuine, I meant every word I said. I'm in love with you Beam Baramee. I don't know how long it will take for you to believe me. But, I'll wait for you... all I know is I can't let you walk out of my life. I know you also have feelings for me". I said looking at him in the eyes.

"Hmmm, how long can you wait?"- Beam. He was silent for so long, I was startled when he responded. " For as long as you need, as long as you won't throw me away. I want to gain your trust again". I said, trying to read his expression. He sipped his tea some more, stood up and said " you are welcome to use the couch if you want. If not, lock my door behind you before you leave"-Beam. He walked off into his room without looking behind and locked his door. I looked around the living room, and notice he had placed my flowers in vase. That's a good sign, at least he didn't throw them out. ☺️