Chapter 5: Home

"Kaila cut it out!" Lauren yelled slapping Kaila's arm rather hard. Sure the little girl had been spanked before, but never out of aggression. She cried her eyes out falling to the floor in the corner of Lauren's office. She had tried being big the entire time Lauren was around, but the more intimidated she felt she couldn't help but slip in front of her.

Lauren tried to approach her small friends shaking body curled into a secure ball but the second her footing made any indication she was coming, Kaila screamed at the top of her lungs. Backing away the screaming ceased and all that remained were the heart filled tears streaming out of the poor girls eyes.

"Look Kay, I know I hit you hard but you shouldn't have tried to escape. I wanted to have a nice chat and walk with you after I came back from my meeting but instead all I get to see is my office trashed! And a destroyed doorknob!" Her voice began relaxed and sympathetic but the more she spoke the more resentment and anger her voice held.

"Let me go!" Kaila shouted back when Lauren took one step closer to her.

"You know I'm not letting you go. So get used to it! God for a little girl who's used to following rules you sure do suck at it!" She insulted only causing more turmoil for the small girl. Being reminded of rules only stabbed her heart through her chest. She missed Lain and Mallix with everything's she's got. And hearing how she should be following their rules only broke her heart further. Her eyes were coated in tears and the entire office became filled with crying loud enough to be heart on the other side of the galaxy.

Kaila was rocking herself back and forth trying to comfort herself but it wasn't helping. She knew Lauren was standing here in the room with her but she didn't care at this point. The girl already knew her secret, there was no reason to hide it now. But shame still filled her body, Kaila turned her back to Lauren before she snuck her thumb into her mouth. She began sucking on it rhythmically feeling slightly better than before.

Her combination of rocking and sucking on her thumb took her several minutes before her crying subsided. Her swollen face was as red as a cherry. "Here." She heard Lauren's voice directly behind her. She didn't have to turn around to know she was towering over her cowering body. Kaila was too afraid to move from her spot on the corner. Being here made her feel safer, she had some ground that would protect her.

Sighing Lauren reached around the small girls body putting a heavy weighed blanket over her. "This should help with that, stop crying already, my ears can't take anymore." She said with no emotion in her voice. It was as flat as a wall.

As much as Kaila found the gesture nerve wrecking, having the heavy object on her made her feel safe. Under neath it she felt like there could be nothing to hurt her. She sunk in the touch, letting the blanket warm her until she found those red eyes closing slowly. Lauren's meeting lasted nearly five hours. That meant five hours of constant fighting to escape. Her small body couldn't handle that much energy exhaustion.

Besides from all her crying, she found it hard to even keep her eyes open at this point. Letting them fall back down, she laid there limp against the wall breathing heavily.

Lauren shut her eyes throwing her head back, thankful that the crying finally stopped. She couldn't leave Kaila on her own not after another attempt to escape. She looked around her office seeing her books and paperwork scattered messily over her floor. Kaila had tried finding a password into Lauren's laptop earlier amongst the mess, but never found one. Cleaning up the mess, Lauren sat back in her leather chair watching Kaila sleep in the corner of her office.

'How in the world did Lain and Mallix deal with her for so long?! She's so irritating! All she does is cry, then sleep, then cry again, and sleep even more! I knew Kay never had a knack for taking care of herself but still I figured she could at least stop crying on her own. What do they see in this type of lifestyle?! I don't see what the whole appeal is. Just breathe Lauren, once you've accomplished this task, mom and dad will finally see your worth your name. Then this company will be all mines and I won't have to handle such low levels again.' She sighed out frustratedly.

After deciding to finally get some work done while Kaila was asleep again, Lauren noticed the time. 'Do I leave her in here for the night? At least I know she couldn't break out of the door.' Lauren considered.

Walking with her bag of belongings to the door she shut the light off taking one last long look at Kaila's slumped body. As she walked out and began closing the door behind her, she saw the darkness devouring the room. She continued closing the door even though she remembered Kaila's deathly fear of the dark. Right as the door was coming to a crack, Lauren groaned in annoyance throwing the door open and over to Kaila's body. Kaila was so small, that even Lauren who was a couple of inches taller could still lift her with no problem.

Carrying her backpack and Kaila, Lauren walked through the bright lights and white walls of the facility. She felt Kaila stirring awake from her movements, not wanting a panic attack or another escape attempt she began shushing into Kaila's ear. She laid her head down contently onto Lauren's shoulder settling back down. Walking through a new wing and out a set of doors, Lauren entered a private building. One only her parents and her could access. Their home.

Lauren's parents made sure to be near their work at all times. Especially when they'd have emergencies they'd need to attend quickly. Exiting through a set of secure doors, they were walking through a windowless hall with warm colors all around, although this hall was funny. There was no door on the other end of it. However, once Lauren plunged her passkey into the dials and a large metal wall retracted into the side and behind it was a smaller door. Using a key, Lauren opened it entering her home. Her true home.

Her parents owned a small house outside of the facility to blend in, but this was where she had grew up. From the outside this building looked just like any other in the facility. But from the inside it looked like an ordinary house. Stepping in, Lauren pressed a button on the walls and watched as the metal door covered the entrance to her home once again. Her parents took every possible measure to ensure they could live with no intrusion. The only people who knew how to get in were Lauren and her parents.

Carrying Kaila through several large rooms, and up a long flight of stairs. Lauren laid Kaila down in her bed. She dropped her bags to the ground and helped Kaila out of her cell outfit and into one of her large sweaters. Once Kaila was settled for the night, Lauren walked into her own personal bathroom inside her room to shower. By the time she was done she was met with Kaila spread across the entire bed. Pushing her body to the side, Lauren laid down on her half of the bed and let her long day come to an end.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think about Lauren's attitude. Thanks Lexx signing off.