Or so I thought

Thomas POV

   ~A week later~

  "Hey Lizzie! I need help here!" I heard Newt yell from across camp one day.
   "Hold on!" She said back, handing Harriet something and racing off. I frowned, why would he call her and not me? He's been spending a hella lot of time with her this past week... and not very much with me. I almost had to beg him to stay and cuddle with me one night after my leg was starting to bother me. Are... they together...? Am I not enough? Did I do something?
   I grabbed my jacket and walked out of the tent, over to where I heard their hushed voices.
  "Shh, he can't know." Sonya said quietly, hunched over something inside the tent.
   "Shut up, I know." said Newt, his sharp accent sounding low. Sonya laughed and crowded over him, as I peaked in she wrapped her arms around his neck as he held up something I couldn't quite see. I moved the flap of the tent and stood there in front of them, nearly about to burst into tears.
   "So... I break your heart and you break mine?!"
  They jumped, Newt hiding something behind his back, Sonya just rolling her eyes and whispered something which made him giggle.
   "You think it's funny?" I spat, hearing them start to laugh more. It was nice for a split second to hear him so happy.. but.. he wasn't happy with me. I shook my head, turning on my heel to walk out, but he grabbed my arm. I was trying to shake him off, but he held on tight and smiled up at me.
  "Close your eyes."
  "What? Newt your crazy, thinking you can.."
  "Close your eyes." He said softer, his big eyes looking at me sadly. "Please?"
   I sighed deeply and crossed my arms, closing my eyes. "I swear Newt if you try some stupid shit I.."
   Instead I felt something cold on my neck. "Open!" He said happily.
   I huffed and opened them, my hand flying to my neck to feel a chain around my neck. I looked a Newt, him smiling shyly with Sonya behind him.
   "What are you doing?"
   "Lizzie and I had a present for you..."
   "And now you decide to give it to me?" I grabbed it, ready to rip it off when Sonya basically yelled at me.
   "We're siblings dumbass! I thought you knew that!" She burst out laughing, wrapping her arms around his neck.
   "Tommy did you really think I'd cheat on you with someone else?" He asked.
   "Yea.. no.. I mean.. maybe..?" I sighed, playing with the necklace a bit. "I thought maybe I wasn't enough.. didn't give you any attention or you got tired of looking after me."
   He shook his head as I pulled him close, burying my face in his hair. "Of course not! I love you Tommy.."
   "Love you too Newtie." I smiled, "And thank you.. I love it."
   "Good, Lizzie and I were planning it for a few days until I could find enough chain."
    "Is that what you were doing sneaking around?" I asked, about to laugh at my stupidity. He got stabbed for me, of course he loves me. He'd.. he'd die for me.
   "Maybe." He laughed, Sonya smiling apologetically.
   "Well sorry for being all emotional." I said, laughing now.
"We didn't mean to be so secretive." They said in unison, bursting into fits of giggles afterwards. I laughed and hugged them back.
"All's forgiven you two idiots."

The days pass by peacefully, everyone healing, resting, enjoying finally being able to sleep without expecting to get hurt or killed. Teresa's bullet wound healed completely, Andrew's as well. I don't have any more nightmares, Newt seems happier then ever.. Everything is perfect...

   Or so I thought...