Maybe we're not trapped here...

Thomas POV

My baby woke up a day later, he yawned and groaned and tried to sit up. "Morning Tommy..." I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
   "Hey Babe." He cracked a tiny grin and I hugged him, but let go hearing a whimper.
   "How's it feeling?" He shrugs.
    "It's fine." I sigh and look down, then I notice scars on his legs.
    "Hey what are these from?" He pulls his pant leg down and shrugs again.
   "Deadheads..." I  take his hands and sigh. I figured I shouldn't ask, but he got up and yawned.
     "You should rest." I nod. "Yea.. I will.... if my dumb legs worked...."

We explained to everyone what happened and they all hugged Newt for protecting me when he could've been killed.... even after what I did to him. They buried Alby and Newt's now first in command, Minho second.

~Time Skip to a month later~

Its been another month, a new Greenie came and died when he freaked out and ran into the maze and stayed out there at night. Grievers got him..
One day, I think it was Monday because out weekly supplies came. Jack and Newt helped bring up the stuff. I stayed put at the med-jack hut, still not being able to even stand up. I sat outside, watching them, trying to draw like Newt does. I got mad with the result and threw the paper and pouted until my baby came over and picked it up. He smiled and sat next to me. "You did this Tommy?" I nodded a little.
"It's horrible. Doesn't look anything like you."
He shook his head and grabbed my pencil, taking my hand.
"Smooth slow strokes."
I watched intently as a face soon took shape and he let my hand go and watched me try to finish it.
I looked over at his face which had a smile on it but I looked up into his big chocolate eyes and saw a broken boy with a broken heart and leg. There was a tiredness that I could sense from him, or maybe because of what happened to Alby. Maybe it was more like no will.. to live....
"What's wrong?" I asked, still focusing on the drawing.
He yawned. "Nothin, kinda tired."
"No shit you got stabbed protecting me."
    "But I love you so I would die for you."
     I got sad and put down the book, remembering my dreams, and that... in a way he does die... not for me... but because of me....
    I grabbed his hands, and looked up at him.
    "Tommy what's wrong?" He looks back at me.
      "Don't say that, don't... ok?"
     He hesitates but nods. "I'm not going to die, ok? I'll be here with you."
     I tear up at his words. I'm just hoping with my entire being that he doesn't die... but I don't know... my dreams so fucking real that I could swear I could feel my heart being ripped out of my chest when I pull that trigger....
    "Ok... but my dream, vision, nightmare. Whatever it is... it's real."
   "It's not, I'm here and always will be."
    I want to ask him to promise but I can't ask that...
   "Promise?"
    He nods and holds me close. "Promise."
    It soothes me tho. "I love you more than anything, you know that... right babe?" I look up into those broken eyes.
    "I know.. and I love you too." I sit up and kiss those soft lips again, then lay my head in his lap...

   When I woke up... I was in my hammock, and Newt wasn't there. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, and looked around for him, frowning that he disappeared. I sat up despite not feeling my legs much yet and waved Minho over. "Where'd Newt go Min?" He shrugged.
   "Went out to the deadheads, haven't seen him since but I think killing Alby really got to him..." He looked down. "Especially after what happened."
  I looked down too and sighed. "Just.. go find him for me? Please?"
   "Sure thing. He's my best friend you know, ya don't have to beg."
   He cracked a smile with that big sassy hair flip and ran off towards the woods while I stayed put, racking my brain of where he could be.
   A half hour passed according to my watch and I called out for Minho. He ran back, frowning.
   "Didn't see him."
   "What? He's gone? Nothing? No note?"
    "Woah calm down." He said softly, but a small look of panic in his face. "It's not like him to leave..."
   We both looked at each other and watched each other's eyes grow wide. Minho turned and ran towards the maze while Chuck and Winston came over and helped me walk... more like be dragged, over to the middle of the glade. "Newt? Newtie?" I called out, and I got some other guys to help me. It's sweet because in their own way they all respect and care for him as a child would for a mother. I mean after they realized that something was wrong with him, as in the coma, Alby and Minho came up with a crazy awesome story. But that's a tale for another time..

   We spent a good hour looking until Minho, his usual blunt self said, "Guys what if he got killed?"
  Everyone stopped and stared at him, me with death rays for even saying it.
   "He's. Not. Dead. Just. Missing." I said slowly and low.
     Minho nodded, knowing how much I loved him, and ran into the maze with Clint (his boyfriend now) 
   I hope their back soon because the walls are closing soon... 
   The rest of us kept searching the glade but gave up as we heard the deafening roar of the walls about to close. I panicked and got Winston and Zart to help me over to the East side to look for them.
   Soon a group of 30 boys were behind me, staring into the maze. Chuck was biting his stubby fingernails and I was basically chewing my cheeks open in worry. The walls were already closing slowly and some of the boys left, but the majority were standing there yelling as we saw Minho and Clint carrying a limp body in there arms. I started crying thinking they wouldn't make it.
   We watched Clint hand the body to Minho and slowed down, Minho looked back but burst into the glade as the walls closed in front of Clint.
   Minho ran to me and handed me Newt, who was as pale as death, and there was blood dripping down his face into his mouth. I gasped and immediately got to work with Jeff on helping him. I looked up at Minho, who was standing in front of the closed walls, but then put his back to them and sat down. He buried his head between his knees and I saw his shoulders shake of sobs. I let Jeff take care of Newt and went over to Minho. "Min.... I'm so sorry..."
   He looked up at me, sadness clouding his face. And for once I actually saw general real heartbreak for him. I hugged him and he hugged back. "I'm so so sorry."
  We stayed like that for a while in silence until Jeff called me back to look after Newt while he got some medical stuff from the box that was left. I stayed there, playing with his hair as usual, crying a little. Who would do such a thing to a guy that's been through so much...?
   Then it hit me like a truck, only one person hates everyone with enough passion to kill them.... Gally

   Jeff gets Winston and Andrew to help me walk to the slammers where Minho put Gally after we found Newt.
   "Gally... where have you been for the last day?" I asked when they set me down in front of the wooden gate.
   "Working, ya dumbass." The grumpy older boy replied.
    I snorted as his sarcasm. "Where have you been?"
   He was silent and I got closer to the gate.
    "Where. Have. You. Been. All. Day?" I repeat, threateningly.
     "Why are you being so quiet." I asked.
     "Nobody plans a murder aloud." He sneered.
     I frowned and got up, Winston helping me to my feet.
   We went back to the med-jack hut and I smiled when I saw Newt hugging Minho. Min got up and walked out slowly. I sat next to him and kissed him deeply. "You scared me so bad, what happened?!"
   He frowned and didn't answer.
    "Newtie?"
    "Y-Yea.... it was my fault. I just walked around the maze and hit my head."
    "Really?"
    He nodded, frowning. "I'm sorry Tommy.. I'm sorry, I got Clint killed!" Tears started flowing and he wrapped his arms around his legs and buried his face like before. "I got him killed, it's my fault oh my god... Minho hates me."
    "If he hated you he probably wouldn't have talked with you."
    "He does. Secretly he does. I killed his boyfriend."
    I sighed. Once he sets his mind on something it's nearly impossible to make him think differently.
   "Newt, you didn't kill Clint. It was an accident. And maybe he'll survive."
    "Tommy no one survives a night in the maze, no one!"
     I sighed and held him tight, looking at his leg which was black and blue again.
     "What happened to your leg again?"
      "I hit it." Was all that came out of him. I sighed and let him fall asleep later that day...

  ~Next day~

  Minho went out into the maze alone for the first time in over a year and came back smiling. "THOMAS THOMAS THOMAS!"
   He ran into the homestead. "I might have found a way out!!" I jumped and sat up while Newt was out cold sleeping. "Say what?"
   "I found a way out! Well I think! I'm not positive but still!!" I smiled and he jumped up and down like a kid in a candy store. I smiled. "Where?!"
    "Section 8, I found a secret place where I found Clint's clothes." He frowned a little. "Anyways, I'm gonna take Andrew with me and we can check it out. Maybe we really can leave."
   I smiled but decided not to tell Newt to get his hopes up in case it was a false alarm....