Goodbye my love

Newt POV

"Great.. we're all bloody inspired.." I muttered, looking at Thomas, then at the window.
"Shit! Go!" Tommy yelled beside me, racing out the window as the door behind us busted open. He gripped my arm and I followed suit. Minho was to the far right.
  Hitting the water as hard as.. well.. the wall.. The wind was knocked out of me as I felt myself sink beneath. I came too when my leg hit the bottom of the fountain, and struggled to the surface. Forcing my eyes open, it was total darkness.. But, somehow, it was peaceful, quiet.. Although if I didn't know I hit the bottom, I wouldn't know up from down. Looking around frantically, I started swimming upwards, my body pulsing in pain from contact and begging for air.
  Maybe.. I should stay down here, maybe I drown. Maybe I don't go back up, and spare them from putting a bullet in my head or a knife in my chest. Just.. Maybe?
  No, maybe I still have a chance..
  Frantically paddling upwards, my head burst through, my mind thanking me for not dying.. yet. 
  "Newt!" It was Thomas, as I sluggishly swum to the side. There must be water in my lungs or something, because I started coughing.. blood..
  Minho helped me up, Tommy behind.
  "Hands up! Get up!" Someone screamed on the left of me, something cold pressing into the side of my head.
I looked up, and there were guards surrounding us, all aiming at us.
"If your gonna kill us, do it now!" I yelled, nearly frowning at myself. Did I just say that?
Thomas and Minho looked panicked at me, holding their hands behind their heads. But one of the guards shot the others down, aiming at Minho.
"Oh now we're really gonna die." Minho said, glaring at the guard, his eyes widening as he ripped off the helmet.
"Sup shank." Gally said, smiling.
"How?" Minho asked bewildered.
"Long story." I interjected, coughing a bit more as I felt it taking over. "C'mon, we have to go, Brenda and Jorge will be here soon."
They nodded, but my head buzzed and my vision blurred quickly. Muffled yells sounded around me, but none were noticeable. I felt my body shut down, my legs barely working as my arms were limp by my sides.
Get up, you have to get up
My gaze focused on Minho, who was sitting in front of me.
  "The vile, Newt?" It was Thomas, I think.
  "I gave it to Brenda.." I felt myself stutter, was that even me talking? "I thought I h-had more time.."
  "Fuck, we have to get it." Thomas said, my vision blurring again, all other sounds besides my boyfriend's voice fading.
  "Go without me.." I said, and this time, it was me talking. "Please, I'm slowing you down.. they'll come soon.." 
  And I was right, a berg flew above. And maybe.. just maybe.. there's still a chance for me.. Maybe Tommy will understand in my letter.. He'll understand..
   "That's them, we have to go, c'mon." Tommy said, trying to get me to sit up, but my body was not cooperating. It felt as if I was buried alive, only my head buzzed alive as ever.
  "No no.." I said quietly, fighting his grip and gaining back my vision and limbs. I didn't realize how fast or hard I was breathing until it felt like breathing was nearly impossible.
  "You guys go ahead." Thomas suggested, the second part being a blur of sounds and guns blazing in the distance. Soon Minho came over, taking my shaking hand from my side.
  "Thank you.." I managed to say, wanting to say one last thing before he left. "Thank you Minho.."
   "Hey, just hang on. You hear me?" He said, as tears gathered in his eyes which are usually as hard as stone. I made myself nod, letting go of his hand. I coughed again, something hot dripping from my mouth. It's blood, and it's black. I don't have much time..
  "Newt, we're gonna make it out of here, okay?" Tommy said, my mind focusing on his voice and his voice only, while everything else faded into muffled sounds... as if a pillow had covered my ears. "Now, let's get you up."
  I got in control of my body again, "No no.. Thomas.."
  He looked at me, stopping what he was doing for a split second. "C'mon.. you have to get up, please.."
  "No, your gonna take this! Your gonna take it! Please.." I yelled, ripping the chain off of my neck and shoving it to him, I attached the capsule to it this morning... This will explain, it will, he'll be okay.. he'll understand..
  He looked at it, and gripped it, putting it on his own neck and helping me back up.
"Brenda? Come in!" Thomas screamed into a walkie beside me, pulling me along like a rag doll.
I heard static, and a voice on the other end. "Thomas? What's happening?"
"The vile Newt gave you, I need it! Now!"
"I'm on the ground! Where are you?" She said, me hearing it clearer now as I limped along with him.
"Centre Plaza! Hurry please!" He begged, as my legs gave out from under me.
Get up you son of a bitch, you can make it. Don't give up..
I stumbled along with him, until I lost control of my limbs again and collapsed, tears forming in my eyes.
Get up! My mind screamed, my body not listening. Get up! Fight!
I couldn't.. It was too strong.. I laid there in silence, giving up. Those few seconds, it was peaceful, quiet once again. Death seemed so close.. I could be happy.. I don't have to fight anymore.. I'm tired.. It's over. I'm sorry.

"I promised I'd protect you.. and look what happened. Your one of them.." He said quietly, the gun aimed at my head, myself in control once again.
I don't want to be one.. please don't make me be one.
"Kill me." I said, looking at him, fighting it off. Fighting this parasite inside of me, this thing that wants to make me into a monster. The thing I'm terrified of.
"W-what?" Tommy asked, his finger gripping the gun tightly, tears falling onto the concrete in front of him.
"Kill me.. Tommy please.. I've never asked anything of you.. Do it, please.." I begged, "Please please.."
"I can't.. I won't..! I can't loose you.."
"You've lost me anyways.."
"Newt..."
I lost it.. "Do it! Put me out of my misery! I don't want to be one of them!"
He jumped, his finger wrapping around the trigger more. I felt myself nearly smile, thinking this was the end. Finally, the end.
"Please.. Please Tommy.. please."

Thomas POV

"It's all your fault! Everything is YOUR fault!" He screamed, hurting my ears as he pinned my arms down again. I couldn't do it. I couldn't. He tackled me as I looked down, but I don't regret it. I have to buy time.
It's not my fault, it's not.. I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't mean to build a maze, I didn't mean for any of this.
"After all the shit we've been through in the maze, after you promised me, you can't do that one thing I've EVER asked of you!" He kept yelling, frantically looking for the gun, the imaginary serrated knife digging deep into my chest, which felt as hollow as a tube.
"Newt! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt you!" I yelled back, fighting his grip. He paused, seeming to remember something, and immediately reached into his pocket, grabbing a dagger.
"Newt no!"
He swung it at me, using all his strength to dig it into my chest. It dug itself in the center of my chest, the pain searing through my body like a pulse. I screamed out, but he never stopped, even for a second. Deeper it went, until I found the courage to form a fist and punch his cheek, sending him flying off of me, along with the knife.
"Please.. Newt.. Brenda will be here.. Fight it.."
The pain from the dagger, didn't even compare to the feeling of loss, of emotional, mental, agonizing loss.. of the man I love, dying in front of me.
His head cocked, as if he was judging what I just said, as I backed up a little. It didn't work, and he attacked, frantically swinging it at me, slicing my wrist and waist, and finally, running into me, as the knife twisted to stab me in the heart.
I braced for it, accepting it, waiting for it. I squeezed my eyes shut, and wrapped my arms around him as his body impacted mine. But nothing came. Nothing.. besides short, ragged breaths. That I couldn't tell who's they were. I did a mental count, of all wounds and pain coming from them. But there was nothing in my heart.
Forcing my eyes open, I felt my heart physically break.
"Newt.."
He looked at me, his eyes going clear, those soft chocolate eyes I fell in love with, were visible again. His hand was covering his upper chest, and it dropped.. revealing the dagger, buried into his heart. He stumbled back as I let go of shock. My eyes searched his face; for any sign that this was a dream.
Thomas.. this is not a dream
His face went pale, his legs giving out beneath him. But he gave one.. last.. smile.. the smallest of smiles. One you would have missed if you weren't paying attention. The one you tucked away in your memories forever.
It was all but a whisper, one so quiet, I didn't know if he said it at all... "I love you.."
I opened my mouth to scream, to yell, to cry out, to say his name one last time, but nothing came out as he collapsed to the ground. And a single, crystal clear tear fell from his eye.
I looked down at him.. realizing he was gone... My Newt.. was gone..
Nothing processed, not even the screams, or my pain, only heartbreak.. and loss..
"Thomas..?" I barely tore my eyes away from his opened eyes, to look at Minho, who fell to his knees besides the body... his.. body. Gally was behind, pulling off his helmet slowly. Brenda ran in as well, nearly tripping over Minho. She gasped and her hand flew to her face. Minho picked him up, closing his eyes and holding him close, as his shoulders shook with sobs. Gally may have shed a tear or two, and Brenda consoled Minho. I detached from all of it. My world, my everything, my love, my baby.. is gone from me.. I'll never.. ever.. see him.. again
  I looked back at his small broken body.. and managed choked out three very small, very quiet words, that meant the world to me.
  "Goodbye my love.."