Ch.49: Old Friends Reunited

"Look! The four previous Hokage!" Someone said at one point.

"They've come to help us!!"

Everyone was then filled with renewed hope and determination.

"Now with the five Hokage united, we cannot lose!"

As for Naruto, Namai, Obito Senju, and the Hokage, they went back to where Burto, Sakura and all the others were standing. Burto smirked at his sister and father.

"Good job sis."

Namai stared back at him and a small smirk appeared on her lips soon after.

Naruto could sense his uncle charka getting closer and closer, as well as that of the other Kage.

Suddenly Sauske appeared on the battlefield with Jugo, surprising most shinobi that formed the Konoha eleven, even Burto.

Obito instantly glared at him as his eyes landed on him.

So he this jerk back. We used to be friends but that was until he got mad I made jounin and he failed the chuinn exams because they didn't think he was ready for chuinn because his attitude, Obito Senju thought to himself.

"Sa-Sauske...." Sakura trailed off in shock.

Said boy glanced at her briefly.

"What- What are you doing here?"

Practically everyone was staring at him, except for the former Hokage, waiting for his answer.

"A lot of things happened, but I decided to protect the village anyway. And then, I will... Become Hokage."

Everyone was taken back by this statement, even Orochimaru.

"........."

"You... You want to become Hokage?" Kiba said as he was frowning.

"But... This has always been Burto-Kun's and Obito's dream...." Hinata said somehow sheepishly.

"Yes, and we all know that Burto and Obito will make a much better Hokage than you," Neji added as he was glaring at him.

Orochimaru narrowed his eyes as he was still staring at Sasuke.

He wasn't sure whether this was good news or not at first. But then he could still feel this dark aura surrounding him. So he inferred that this wasn't. He furrowed his eyebrows warily.

Apparently, even if he was willing to help them in the war, the four Hokage's answers hadn't been convincing enough to put him back on the straight and narrow.

Sasuke briefly glanced at his before glaring at him.

And Orochimaru understood that he was still probably eager to kill him, just like when he had tried to during the Kage Summit. Even after the talk, they had about brothers before they went separate ways.

"......."

Then everyone started talking about how they could become Hokage too.

"I'm really happy to hear that so many of you want to become Hokage, but for now we have a war to win!" Hashirama reminded them.

Tsunade just stared at her grandfather. She realizes this wasn't the time to be lost in thought so she snapped out of it.

"Uncle Naruto and the other Kage should join us pretty soon," Naruto informed him them.