Ch.50: Jūbi's New Jinchūriki

Once Obito was back on the battlefield, he decided to absorb the Jūbi in its entirety and sealed it into himself so he could become its Jinchūriki. That's not what he had planned in the first place, but beggars can't be choosers, right? (wink to Madara)

Naruto could sense his chakra as soon as his feet landed on the ground but he couldn't do anything to prevent him from absorbing Jūbi. He was too fast to absorb it.

"O.....O-Obito....." Naruto trailed off in shock as soon as he saw his new form.

Minato was as shocked as he was.

"Obito....."

Hashirama could see the distress in his eyes as he was staring at him. This reminded him of his own past story. His friendship with Madara as a child and how they had become rivals as time had passed. Well, they had always been enemies since they clans were at war and hated each other. And even after Konoha had been founded, he had been unable to stop his friend from becoming evil. And in the end, he had had no other choice than killing him.

He was somehow feeling guilty that this was still happening to his descendant.

Then the start of the fight between the former Hokage and Obito ensued. Anyway, the real Hashirama who had created several shadow clones to help him had no other choice than fighting against the real Madara at some point, leaving the other Hokage, Burto, Sasuke, and Namai to fight against Obito.

Naruto watched the former Hokage fight against him speechless. He really couldn't believe this was happening. Also, he couldn't sense Kakashi's chakra nor see him anywhere on the battlefield..... He shouldn't have let him face Obito all alone...He inferred that if he was nowhere to be seen, he was certainly still in Obito's dimension, but in what condition? 

"Obito!! Stop this!!" He shouted, hoping she would get his attention. 

He did since he looked at him.

His face was totally devoid of any emotion. Now he did look like a real monster. 

"This... This is not the real you!! The only real you is the one who wanted to become Hokage! I know that you're not evil and that you want peace too!"

"I do, but you just can't realize that your way to achieving it is the wrong one.  Just look at you Naruto-Senesi. You are ANBU captain now, but you are just ruining your life and forcing yourself to do a job that is useless. So your basically forcing yourself to do a job you don't like. The world hasn't changed since we're my Senesi. And even as the ANBU, you've lost many precious people, including your adoptive Uncle. You failed to protect them as you said you would. And you're just gonna end up like all the precious people you lost. Is it really the life you want?"

Everybody went silent as they seemed to be waiting for Naruto's response. 

"........ I may have lost some of my loved ones, but I won't have my life any other way, "Naruto responded determinedly.

Everyone seemed to be somehow surprised by his response. Expect for Orochimaru and Tsunade.

"And I'm not forcing myself to do a job which I don't like. I chose to do it and I am proud of doing it. Not only because this job has been my dream since I was a kid, but because I've always had the right people there for me at the right time."

Minato, Tobirama, Jugō, Namai, Sasuke, and Burto's gazes were all set on Naruto. 

Obito glared at him.

"You are really pathetic, Naruto. Can't you just realize that you've been failing all along? You're just a failure. You say you would protect the villages and the people you cared about but you fail.  You're even more of a failure then your father who is the hokage."