Chapter 4

~Yugi's POV~

After breakfast, Joey and I hung back outside the dining halls waiting for the pharaoh but after seeing him mad this morning I was a little scared.

I saw him walking toward me and Joey as he waved goodbye to his guardians. Me and Joey both bowed with a "my pharaoh".

"im sorry about what happened during breakfast." I said quickly just trying to get it off my chest.

He walked closer to me where he was standing only inches away, staring down at me with an emotionless expression and his hands on his hips.

I was fearful until I felt the familiar weight of his hand on my head. I looked at his eyes to see he was smiling at me.

"It's not your fault little one, " he said "they told me everything that happened so I told a guard to send them to the pyramids." he removed his hand and the cold air quickly replaced where his hand just was.

"are you ready for your first task?" he asked up, stepping away from me so he could be looking at both of us at once.

We looked at each other before nodding "good because starting today I want you two to make the beds of the guardians every day after breakfast." he said.

"what about yours, pharaoh?" Joey asked.

"little Yugi is already going to take care of that in the morning, find Seto in the library after you are done for your next task." he says before turning and walking the other way.

"what does he mean you've already taken care of that?" Joey turns to ask me.

"this morning I woke up too early and a guard told me I should run him a bath, while he was taking a bath I made his bed and set out his clothes and he asked me to do it every day." it was much easier talking to my friend of years than anyone else here.

"trying to suck up to the pharaoh I see." he smirked at me and bumped my shoulder with his making look down and blush.

Making the beds wasn't as hard or time-consuming as I thought it was, but we needed to make sure we knocked first before entering to see if anyone was in their rooms, which thankfully they weren't.

We made our way to the giant library after getting lost a few times seeing Priest Seto, standing in front of a fireplace, with a book in his hands as well as his millennium rod. Hearing footsteps he looked up and saw us.

"You must be the newcomers the Pharoah was talking about." He closed the book and walked in our direction. "What are your names?"

"My name is Yugi, priest Seto."

"And I am Joey."

"Yugi, if you could go assist Isis in her medical room to help organize everything." He stopped himself before giving Joey his task. I nodded and headed away, leaving Joey by himself for the first time since getting here.

~Joey's POV~

Priest Seto's icy blue eyes pierce the back of my head as he glances from where Yugi left back to me.

"And I need your help in here, Mahad had asked me to fetch him a book but I'm having difficulty locating it." I understand what he's saying, this library is huge and could take days of looking to find just one book.

"There is a ladder over there if you would like to search highest, I don't know exactly what the book is called but it's a sorcerer book thats purple with black outline and lettering." Priest Seto said before returning to his search.

After a few minutes of searching in silence, I gathered up the courage to ask him something.

"Are..are you the one who takes care of the library?" My voice betraying me by cracking. I take my gaze off of the books I was searching for and look at him.