Chapter 26

~Yugi's POV~

I woke up in a cold sweat, I sat straight up in bed looking left to right, only to settle back down when I realize I was back in my room and not in that cold building I was in for days straight.

Sitting up quickly made me realize how sore my body was, my chest had been wrapped up, as well as my wrist and ankles to help with the bruises. I could feel a tingling on my face as the bandages rubbed against my peach fuzz.

Looking to the side I could see a tray of food placed on the night stand next to the bed. I have no idea what time it is or how long it been there but the growl in my stomach forced my hand to reach over and grab a piece.

The food did help with my huge hunger but there was another problem. I haven't bathed in like a week so I felt awful. I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this with my bandages but I'll think of something.

I get up from my bed, leaving the empty tray behind, feeling the cold air around me as I just got out of the warm covers. I walk, more like limp, over to the bathroom.

I filled the tub up with warm water, not as hot as the baths Atem likes to take though. Stripping myself of my clothes, I look down at the bandages covering my body. I have no choice but to unwrap them and hope to wrap them back.

I took off the bandages on my wrist and ankles. Seeing the thick bruises from the metal chains. They were dark purple and blue, it hurt to move them too much all the bandages did was hide them.

I flinched when I had to take off the wrap around my chest. I have numerous cuts and dark bruises the size of a fist around my body. I look awful.

Stepping into the warm water I let out a small yip as my damaged skin touched the water. I brought my hand up to my mouth to muffle the sounds trying to escape as I submerged myself in the steamy bliss.

I tried relaxing in the water but it hurt so much I just wanted in and out. Washing my hair was my first concern, it didn't take that long because it didn't hurt, only my arms a little from straining them upwards.

Next came my body, trying to rub soap over me proved more difficult than I thought. Every time I ran a gentle hand over the puffed up skin, it stung like hell. I'm just thankful that nothing had spilt open and if it did the water washed it away.

No matter how much it hurt to clean myself, I felt so much better when I was out of the tub and watching the water drain. My hair feels noticeably better and mentally I feel better just from cleaning my skin.

Drying myself off was also a pain, having to lightly pat all my skin, some blood getting on the white towel. I tried wrapping the chest wrap back on but it proved to be difficult to get it tight so it was loosely around my torso, I didn't even bother with the wraps around my wrist and ankles. I changed into my regular clothing, my new outfit I only got to wear once.

When I open the door to my room, the halls were empty which isn't surprising given that everybody had things to do. I walk over to Atem's room automatically and debate on whether I should open the door or not.

Don't get me wrong, I still care about him. It's just every time someone touches me, I only see Bakura. I felt a shiver run up my spine and goosebumps form on my skin as I thought about the man that caused me so much pain.

"Yugi?" I didn't have to turn my head as I'd recognize that deep baritone voice anywhere. Turning to face Atem I can see the dark circles under his eyes which indicate he hasn't gotten a lot of sleep recently.

"What are you doing outside my door..little one?" I could tell he hesitated a little when he called me that, probably trying to decide whether to use it or not.