Chapter 19

~Yugi's POV~

It's been about a week since Bakura arrived and beside the touching and looks he has been doing his own thing, going out after breakfast and coming back before dinner.

I still haven't told Atem anything about what Bakura has done, for the sake of protecting him. I haven't even told Joey because I don't wanna risk him telling Seto and then Seto telling Atem.

"Hey Yug you alright, spacing out a bit there bud." Joey waved his hand in front of my head, I snapped back into reality seeing we were in the garden.

"Oh, why are we here again?" My mind has been so focused elsewhere I completely forgot what we were doing.

"I don't know, you're the one who wanted to come down here." I had a small minute of panic but then I remembered I wanted to get more flowers for when I prepare Atem's bath, and basically mine too since we've started bathing together.

"I remember." I said, going over to a servant that I recognize from the line up last week.

"Hi Yugi." I guess he slightly remembered me next to the pharaoh because he bowed his head.

"No need for bowing I'm just here for flowers." I put my hands up in defense, chuckling awkwardly.

"What kind of flowers?"

"Roses, white and red." Atem's favorites. He loves the sight and smell of them.

The young servant went over to those specific flowers and cut three of each. He handed them to me and I thanked him.

"I'll go put these in my room, I'll meet you in the library." I told Joey as we walked up the flight of stairs that used to be a pain to get up.

"Alright, don't take too long." He winked and left my side.

I knew what he meant by taking too long so I huffed a little and opened the door to mine and Atem's room. He was laying on our bed, still fully dressed, asleep with no covers over him. His hand was placed around his waist and one of his knees were up in the air, his face was turned to the side as he let out small breaths.

I shut the door gently and went to but the flowers in the vase in the bathroom. I quietly walked over to Atem and got on my knees in from of the bed. I rested my head in my arms and stared at the beautiful face in front of me.

He looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake him but I knew he still had things to do today. I raised my hand up to rub his chest a little, trying to shake him awake.

"Atem, wake up." I whispered quietly as he started to stir.

His eyes fluttering open and he turned to look at me, a smile that could outshine a thousand suns spread across his face.

He was still laying down down when he grabbed my head to pull me into a short kiss that left me wanting more.

"Whats gotten you so tired?" I joked and he sat up, throwing his legs over the bed.

I stood up as well and Atem grabbed my waist, pulling me in closer so he could rest his head sideways on my chest. I couldn't stop myself from running my hands through his soft hair that was almost identical to mine.

"Seto has been making me run around all day." He yawned.

"Well you are the pharaoh." He merely groaned and hugged me tighter.

"I've been talking to Seto and while at the meeting with the guardians we've decided to give you and Joey more formal outfits so the guards and everyone else know you are personal servants." He looked up from my chest and rested him chin on me.