Chapter 23

~Atem's POV~

Yugi.

There was Yugi and he looked like he has been beaten. Bruises littered his body and he was covered with cuts and dried blood. His eyes were closed so I'm guessing he was unconscious.

My blood boiled as I watched him carelessly toss Yugi to the ground. He was naked with chains around his ankles and wrist, the chains were connected to the ground which prevented him from going anywhere within a few feet around him.

Seto grabbed my shoulder and explained the plan to me, which would be for the guards to creep in the darkness to sneak up on the hooded men. He wanted them to do the same to Bakura but I wanted to be the one to take him out.

Seto could tell I wasn't going to back down from getting into a fight so he sighed and waved his hands to the guards, telling them silently to get into position.

I walked along in the shadows, like a hunter stalking their prey. Since it was pitch black and hard to see, I had kicked a rock with my foot while walking. Instantly everyone was looking in my direction but I don't think they could see me as they didn't make a move.

"Who's there!" Bakura called, his voice as deep as ever. He let out a low almost inaudible growl, turning from the figure on the ground and started walking towards me.

He probably couldn't see me in the darkness but he was staring directly into my eyes. I didn't make a move to run as he approached the shadows, creeping towards me with his predatorily eyes.

He stopped right before crossing the line that separated the light in the ceiling to the shadows covering the light in a circle of darkness. He peered into the darkness and a wide smirk spread across his lips.

"I never thought you were one to hide pharaoh."

Shit, how did he know I was here. I can't even see the guards stationed all around in the darkness and I couldn't see where I was walking so how in Ra's name did he see me.

"You're eyes shine like the color of the brat's blood." He chuckled darkly.

Rage filled me to the brim. I gripped my hands into fist, squeeze my fingers into my palms and leaving crescent shaped marks. I tightened my teeth as I struggled to keep my ragged breathing under control.

"He was a good little slut for us."

That's it! I've had enough! I launched myself out of the shadows and tackled Bakura to the ground. The guards took that as their cue to attack the hooded men with their swords.

I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings as I wrestled with Bakura on the ground. He growled under his breath, swinging a right hook straight into my jaw that I know will hurt the next morning. I go tumbling off him and onto my side, gripping my jaw in my hand.

"Kill the boy!" He shouted making my blood run cold.

Before Bakura could turn his head back to me I was on my feet and had connected my fist with his cheek. He stumbled back and spit out some blood, glaring at me. We circled each other, seeing who dared make their move next.

As we walked I could see my guards and his hooded men fighting to kill each other. I would like to take them all back to the palace and make them all suffer by my hands but I don't care if a few die in here, as long as I get my chance to kill Bakura.

Bringing me out of my thoughts he had charged at me and jabbed his elbow directly into my stomach, I coughed up a bit of blood making it run down my chin.

"Atem!" Seto shouted.

I turned to him seeing him trying to hold back two of Bakura's men who were trying to get at Yugi with daggers, trying to kill him like Bakura had said.