Chapter 8

~Atem's POV~

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep, with my arms wrapped around Yugi. I glance down at him as he's letting out soft breaths that tickle my bare chest.

I don't want to leave him but I know I need to. I gently kiss his forehead and untangled myself from him. He only grabs the covers subconsciously and pulls them into his arms and snuggles his head into them.

I smile as I look at how cute he is, and I finally got to kiss him last night. Waking up in bed with him is like a dream I never thought possible.

I walk into my bathroom and prepare the bath myself. I can't make it how Yugi makes it because frankly, I don't know how.

Only upon getting into the tub I realize how tired I am as I let a yawn slip. I blink my eyes quickly and shake my head, trying to rid myself of sleep. I guess we stayed out longer than I thought.

After finishing with my bath I wrap a towel around my waist and head into my room. Yugi was still fast asleep so I just decided it would be best to let him sleep in today.

I got dressed and put on all my jewelry trying my best to be quiet as to not wake the small boy in my bed.

Before walking out the door I tip toed over to his side and kissed his cheek, making him smile in his sleep. I smile too and walked out, closing the door quietly.

I saw a guard passing by and I stopped them "my pharaoh, Goodmorning." He bowed before I even got a word out.

"Don't let anyone get Yugi, he's asleep and I would like him to stay that way." The guard nods and positioned himself by my door.

"Goodmorning pharoah." I turn around and see Joey walking up to me with a smile on his face.

"Ah, a good morning it is Joey." I cheered and he looks confused for a second before snapping out of it.

"I'm-" someone cuts Joey off.

"I'm glad to see you're in a better mood Atem." It's non other than my cousin Seto.

"Yes I am."

"Where is the little runt?" He crosses his arms and looks around, only seeing me, Joey, and the guard.

"Watch your tongue," I start causing him to roll his eyes at me "He's in bed, I've decided to let him sleep in today."

"But I checked and I never saw him in his room." Joey pointed out, making mine and Seto's attention draw to him.

"That's correct, but I never said that he was in HIS bed." I winked and turned to walk downstairs.

"W-W-Wait! Are you saying Yugi is-!" He points to my room door with wide eyes, looking directly at me.

I laugh loudly, my hands on my waist "come, it's time for breakfast."

I hear Seto snicker and footsteps behind me. Making our way to our separate dining halls. All the other guardians were already there when I walked in. They all stood up from their seats and bowed.

"Goodmorning my pharaoh." They all said it unison.

"Oh fuck all of you." I rolled my eyes and they all laughed, knowing I hate when my friends call me by my title.

"So Atem, you're gonna tell me all about why that young one is in your bed." Seto whispers in my ear so that no one else hears him. My face goes a little red but I cough, breaking the tension.

"Let's eat." I say as I look at him and he rolls his eyes at me but I know he still is expecting an answer and I have no choice but to give it to him.