Chapter 28

~Atem's POV~

It's been about two weeks of me trying to help Yugi start letting people touch him again and it was going very well, it was easy getting him to trust people again...or so I'd like to think.

Yes, he has gotten better as he now let's me touch his shoulders and his stomach, but not his hips yet. He would constantly yell at me without realizing what he was doing at the start, everyday I would cautiously put my hands on him, he would shake uncontrollably under my touch. I can't hold him too tight either or he'll freak out.

He whimpered and yelled, he was scared and I knew that so I just let him. Every time he yells at me he immediately apologizes, which I don't know why because he didn't ask for this. Now getting him to trust me again was hard but getting him to trust others was even harder.

Joey was a big help in trying to get Yugi comfortable with people touching him again, ya Yugi would scream and yell even more than when he was with me. Ryou and Marik have also tried to help whenever they aren't doing anything with the guardians.

I've prolonged my duties for now while I'm helping Yugi. Yes I still go into the throne room if I'm needed and I still go to meetings if they couldn't be held back but for the most part, I haven't been doing all of my paperwork. Seto has been doing my other responsibilities and I'm eternally grateful to have him as my cousin and right hand man.

"Atem?"

Bringing me out of my thoughts, I focus back on Yugi who was standing in front of me as we stood in my room. He innocently looked up at me, his head tilted to the side in wonder making him look so precious.

"You're adorable." I said, bringing my hand up to ruffle his hair, causing him to make a soft sound.

"Atem I don't need to be babied anymore, it's alright for you to go back to your work." Yugi said, grabbing my hand that was in his hair and bringing it down to hold in front of his waist.

"What if I want to baby you." I quickly lean in and peck his lips before he could respond.

"Atem, pharaoh of Egypt, all mighty king," he jokingly brought his hands out and bend at the waist to bow "you need to focus on your duties."

"Are you sure you're alright and not hurting too much?" I've mostly kept him on bed rest for these past weeks. His cuts and bruises have noticeably gotten better, the deeper ones looks better but still painful. The marks on his hips and every cut his face have also healed. I've also healed up and all mine are gone.

"I can walk just fine, look!" He said, walking in a circle around me, a bounce in his step.

"Okay, but only if you promise to come get me if anything happens, I don't care if it's just a simple headache." I said sternly, narrowing my eyes a bit so he knew I was serious.

"Yes sir!" He cheered and stepped on his tip toes to kiss my cheek, having to press his hands on my chest to balance himself.

My gaze softened as I looked at Yugi's face smiling up at me. I wrap my arms around his neck to bring him into a hug. He tenses a bit but he slowly leans into me. After he let me touch his shoulders he let me hug him and I was so overjoyed when I could.

He still doesn't sleep with me, these last two weeks have been an absolute pain without him next to me. I've had a harder time falling asleep and staying asleep, I would always wake up a few times in the middle of the night. We haven't had a proper make out session in a long time too.

"I'll check on you from time to time, I am still your personal servant." He said when we pulled away but I kept my hands around his shoulders.

"Okay little one, please be safe." I kissed his forehead and he skipped out the door, leaving me in silence. I guess this does give me the perfect time to catch up on all my past work.