Chapter 33

~Atem's POV~

I don't wait for Joey to say anything else before quickly walking to my room where I know Yugi is. I need answers. I need to know why he's been lying to me and if he is...

"Atem!" Yugi cheered when I entered to room. He got up from the bed and came over to hug me but I quickly dodged.

"Atem?" He seems hurt but if I'm going to talk to him I can't be distracted by his touch.

"Yugi, why have you been with Seto this past week?" I asked and his skin goes paler than normal if that's even possible.

"I haven't been with Seto, when I'm not with you I'm with Joey." He bites his lip.

"Yugi, I've seen you with Seto and your stories don't match up." I point out and he shifts his eyes but focuses back on me quickly.

"Atem I really haven't been with Seto." He continues to lie and tries to reach other a hand to me, I yank back because I can't fall for this.

"You see, I've been with Joey and we both have seen you two sneaking off together, we want to know why."

My words make his stop breathing for a second. He looks worried and he doesn't know what to say, his lips is chewed raw by now because of how nervous he has become.

"You're mistaken." He says quietly.

"I know you are lying." I try controlling my rising anger for the time being.

"I'm not lying Atem, remember the last time you thought I was lying? About Bakura?" His words stab me right in the heart.

"Don't you fucking dare bring him up or how he turned his back to the throne!" I growl, pointing a finger at Yugi's chest, glaring into his soft eyes.

"You and Seto have been together this past week now tell me and don't lie." I scowl but he makes no move to speak.

His eyes were soft and he awkwardly shifts his footing back and forth. He is avoiding my gaze and his lips are beet red from his teeth.

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked the dreaded question, dreading the answer even more.

"What? How could you think I'm-"

"Because you are running off with my cousin and lying about it while you barely even let me touch you!" I yell causing his to visibly flinch.

"Atem I swear, it isn't what it looks like." He says softly but doesn't give me any other explanation.

"Then what is it Yugi? Huh! What the fuck is going on!" He is clearly shaken by my attitude towards him and his eyes glaze over.

I wait for him to speak, to say something, to tell me why he is still lying even when I've caught him in the act. I've been waiting for this conversation ever since I saw Seto ruffle Yugi's hair, my Yugi!

"Are you going to say anything?" I cross my arms over my chest to just look at him in his nervous state, obviously trying to come up with excuses.

"Nothing is happening between us..." he says once again and I scoff under my breath.

"Then why lie about it, instead of acting like all you do is spread your legs for him." My words are harsh and I probably shouldn't have said them but I'm beyond mad at him and my cousin.

Gah! My fucking cousin! How can Seto do this to me, to his own flesh and blood. How can he do this to Joey? His partner and Yugi's best friend. I know Joey is talking to Seto right now and I hope it's going better than me and Yugi.

My words make a tear slide down Yugi's cheek. I feel a pang in my chest and reach out a hand to him before I can process what I'm doing. Before I touch him, he slaps my hand away.