Chapter 45

~Yugi's POV~

~Month 1~

Laila wasn't too happy about the news of her no longer having to bare Atem's children. She almost refused to leave the kingdom until her family decided to keep her from embarrassment and pull her away.

I'm not showing yet and I don't feel too different but even so, I can notice Atem being more protective then usual. The only guard he lets around he is Hamia and even then he prefers to be with me 24/7.

"You're carrying my child, of course I'd be protective."

He would say as he cuddles me openly, doesn't matter where we are, throne room, garden, meeting room. He's just so happy and I still don't think he believes it's true.

Sometimes I can't either.

~Month 2~

I've noticed I'm more tired then I previously have been. I go to bed earlier and I sleep in a little later. And I snack more throughout the day, Atem said nothing too sweet so I have fruit and bread on me at all times and our room is freshly stocked everyday.

Atem and I still have out duties to attend to and I'm glad he still lets me do mine but I know down the way he isn't going to.

I'm currently resting in the library, reading a children's book so I know the best ones to pick out when this one is born, my hand laying gently on my almost completely flat stomach. I've gained only a few pounds and it's hard to notice if you aren't looking for it.

"What'ya readin."

I jump slightly at the voice of Joey behind me. I turn to see him smiling down at me, walking around the sofa is sit next to me and glance at what I'm reading.

"I remember my Ma readin that to me as a kid."

"I'm trying to find books to read when they are born." I said, looking down at my stomach.

"Is it exciting? To be pregnant and all that."

I nod my head without much thought. It truly was an amazing experience so far and I couldn't have a better person to father my children.

~Month 3~

I've been forcefully woken up ever morning by bile rising in my throat, making me run to the bathroom to empty my stomach.

Atem is always there for me, every time I wake up, so does he and he's right by my side, rubbing my back and calming down my racing heart.

"Shhh, it's okay little one, you're okay, I'm here."

I would wipe my mouth and rinse out the rest with water. He would help me back to bed and kiss my forehead, telling me to get some more sleep, which I never complained, then go to do his duties by himself until I woke up again.

I'm starting to show, but barely. Atem loves to rub his hands over my belly whenever we are in bed together or when he come up behind me in the hallway and rest his hand there, almost like he's telling himself everyday that this is real, and I really am carrying him heir.

~Month 4~

The morning sickness isn't getting any better, as well as I've started eating more during eating times and not just as a snack. My stomach only slightly bigger than the previous month.

The guardians have all said their congratulations and a few apologizes for yelling at us to get a heir before this while potion thing got mixed in. But our joy outshined out past anger towards them so all is good.

Atem isn't going to be announcing to the kingdom until the baby is born, which I'm fine with, less people knocking on the throne room to ask about them.