Chapter 20

~Atem's POV~

The sun shining in through the windows woke me from my rough sleep. I had a hard time going to bed last night, knowing I caused the pain in Yugi's eyes and not being able to sleep with my love in my arms.

I was so tempted to go get him in the middle of the night but I knew it would do no good if he thought he could lie and get away with no punishment.

I had to do the apologizing to Bakura that night, the apologize he is going to do today. We called off the armory tour again because after getting mad like that I just wanted to rest and Bakura understood that.

I groaned and rubbing the back of my neck, it felt like I was getting punished too. Not sleeping with him by my side after so long really took a toll on me. Hopefully I can come up with a punishment suitable, comfort him and go to bed with him again tonight.

Getting up from bed and walking into the bathroom it doesn't surprise me that Yugi didn't prepare it this morning. He could either still be asleep and mad at me. Hopefully not the latter.

Making my bath myself without the flowers and candles because I never could get them right without my little lover.

As I took my bath then got ready for the day, my mind was running around in thoughts of my partner while my actions were subconscious.

I woke up a little later than everyone else so the halls were empty when I walked out, Seto and Joey weren't even waiting like they usually do.

Walking over to Yugi's room I brought my fist to gently knock on the door. I listened for a response but was met with silence. He must be really mad but he has no right to be.

"Yugi." I kept my voice calm as I knocked again, again getting met with nothing. I was getting a little annoyed for I opened the surprising unlocked door and made my way inside.

To my confusion Yugi wasn't in his bed, his covers were messy on top but doesn't look like it was slept under. His pillows were scattered on the front of his bed.

He may just be eating breakfast right now so I hurriedly made my way down to the dining halls. Peering into the servants, seeing them chatter among themselves, not noticing my presence.

I scanned every single head in the room and non of them was the face of Yugi. Before I was recognized I turned away going to the garden, forgetting about eating myself.

I searched the entire garden and even the giant tree in the back that Yugi was at last time. He wasn't in the kitchen and neither the library upstairs. Nor the study room I even checked the throne room.

My breath became staggered and I didn't know if it was because I was out of breath from me running everywhere or because I was starting to panic because I cannot find Yugi anywhere.

"Atem!" I heard the familiar voice of my cousin call as he paced his way over to me. "Why weren't you at breakfast?"

"Yugi's missing." I breathed out in a panic, not meeting his gaze as I ran in circles, back and forward in all directions trying to seeing if I could catch the sight of him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he's missing! I've been looking everywhere for him and I can't find him!" My fear getting the best of me and I shouted at my family member and dearest friend.

"Atem calm down, I'm sure he's around here somewhere." Seto tries to calm me down by placing his hand on my shoulder but I just shook it off.

"I've looked everywhere and there is no sight of his." It's possible he could be hiding from the fight we got into and I want to believe that's the reason but I'm too worried.