Chapter 6

~Atem's POV~

I'm still pissed off at Seto for making me miss my opportunity to kiss Yugi, now I need to wait for another chance to get him alone.

I don't know why I've become so fond of the young boy or even when, all I know is that I can't stop thinking about him, only Seto has picked up on this.

Turns out he interrupted me and Yugi because someone interrupted him trying to ask Joey something. I never imagined him and that servant boy, not that I can say anything.

I'm also disappointed that when I left him alone with Joey in the library before dinner they didn't even do anything, at least I can say I tried to help him.

I turn in my bed, resting my head in my arm that laid behind my head. I kept staring at the wall next to me, not even feeling tired in the slightest.

The quicker I fall asleep, the quicker I can see Yugi in the morning. I close my eyes and try my best to calm these thoughts in my head.

———————

Without even realizing it the next thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the sun shining in and the door to my room opening quietly. I looked at the door to see Yugi coming in.

I sat up in bed with the covers still over my lower half "good morning Yugi." I said making the smaller body jump a bit, I guess he didn't notice I was awake "good morning my king, I was just about to get your-" he paused when he turned from the now closed door to look at me.

His pearly white face instantly goes red and he couldn't say another word. I tilt my head to the side in confusion "Yugi are you alright, your face seems red." I get up from my bed and stroll over to him.

"n-no I-im fine." he tries to give me a smile and takes a step back, only hitting his back to the door.

I didn't bother listening to him and I placed the back of my hand on his forehead and my other hand on the back of his head.

His gaze was positioned downwards and I can hear his staggered breathing because of how close I was to him.

"You don't feel warm but your face is completely red, are you sure you're okay?" I took my hands away from him but I kept my position only a few inches from him. I placed my hands on his shoulders and I lowered my face to his and peered into his eyes.

~Yugi's POV~

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. He was so close to me while his bottoms hung dangerously low on his waist while he wasn't wearing a top so his toned chest and abs were on full display. His messy bed head and his piercing crimson eyes staring down at me.

"Yugi? Are you feeling alright?" his deep voice sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps started to form on my skin.

He placed his finger under my chin and made me look at him, just like he always does when I refuse to meet his gaze. He took a step forward, pushing me further into the wall, placing his knee between my legs and placing his free hand on my waist.

His eyes staring directly into mine, he didn't say anything just stared at me. I opened my mouth to say something but he started leaning in again. Was he going to kiss me? My mind fuzzed up at the thought.

He was getting closer and closer but right before his lips got within an inch of mine my mind finally started to work. I pushed my hands between us and stopped him in his tracks. He opened his eyes wide as I placed my hands on his chest and he took a step back.

"i...i should g-go prepare your bath." I said embarrassed. He looked a bit disappointed as he ruffled his hair with a scowl on his face.

"Alright." he was glaring at the floor but I knew deep down, it was for me.