Chapter 34

~Atem's POV~

"He's not here."

"He has to be here."

"Atem, he's no where to be seen."

We've searched everywhere. It's been hours since I've last seen Yugi and I'm starting to panic. The last time I couldn't find Yugi he was taken and I would lose it if that happens again. Every floor, every hall, the balcony, the armory, the garden, the kitchen, the dining halls, everywhere! He's no where! Where is Yugi!

"Atem calm down." Seto's voice was muffled as he grabbed my arm but quickly shot it back. "Fuck you're burning up!" He cursed.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a figure pop into my vision, when did my vision get so blurry? I'm burning up? I don't feel hot. My breathing is staggered and I can feel the pressure of my nails digging crescent shapes into my palm, and this...strange feeling against my chest. A hard object jerking back and forth. What is it?

"Atem! Listen to me, calm down!" A voice shouted but I can't tell if it was Seto, Joey or someone else.

"Please calm down, we'll find Yugi." A soft voice said, that name bringing back some feeling in my numb body.

"Yugi.." I whisper to myself and my vision comes clear. I can now register the hard object bumping my chest was my puzzle.

"What happened." I growled, holding my now pounding head.

"You were getting too angry." Joey said, putting a hand onto my shoulder.

"Too...angry?" I looked up between my fingers to see they both are looking at me with a worried expression.

"Sorry guys, I was just...sorry." I didn't know what to say, I'm was mad and scared because we couldn't find Yugi.

Slowly the pieces added up and I realized my angry was controlling the puzzle around my neck, I don't know what kind of magic I would have released if Joey didn't calm me down.

"Let's head back to our rooms and collect our heads." Seto said, already walking towards the stairs.

We can't just forget about Yugi! We can't just stop looking for him as if he doesn't exist. How can Seto just easily turn his back and stop. Oh that right, because he has his lover right fucking here.

"Atem?" Joey's hand on my shoulder brings me out of my thoughts.

I now know I've been glaring at the back of Seto's head while my puzzle is once again glowing around my neck. Ra, my emotions are everywhere today, and all because of my mouth.

Climbing the stairs multiple times a day usually didn't faze me but since I've been running up and down them all day, I can feel the burning sensation in the back of my thighs.

Now that we are upstairs all I want to do is hide away in my room and wish for Yugi to come back so I can tell him how desperately sorry I am.

Speaking of my room, two guards seem to be by my slightly open door and words are being thrown around but I'm too far to hear.

"Let go of me!" I can hear the familiar voice of my lover shouting and my heart jumps, my mood increasing tenfold.

"Silence thief!" A guard yells and I can see now than he has a grip on Yugi's arm, so hard that it will probably leave a bruise.

"Let him go, you idiot that's the pharaohs-" he paused when he sees me walking up to them.

I'm glaring daggers at both guards who watch we while I storm up to them, Seto and Joey being long forgotten behind me and frankly, I think they left.