Chapter 37

~Atem's POV~

So much has happened within the last two weeks of when I proposed to Yugi, and when we make love for the first time. I say first because after the first time Yugi has been wanting to do it a lot, almost every night. I'm glad he enjoys it but I need a break after a while.

But I'm happy he trust me, after everything that happened to him he trust me enough to let me make love to him. He says because he feels safe with me, because he knows I'm not going to hurt him, plus he fell in love with the feeling and so did I.

He still doesn't let me take him from behind because he gets reminded of what happened to him. He also gets scared when I grab him too quickly or too suddenly. Not just me, everyone knows that they can't just unexpectedly grab Yugi.

We have also told the citizens the Yugi is to be my...queen? That he's going to be ruling by my side and the wedding shall be in 3 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. I have a week left. I'm freaking out. Isis will be marrying me and Yugi on the balcony of my palace for all to see. I can't wait until Yugi's mine forever.

"Are you sure I can miss the meeting today?" Yugi asked as I finished putting on my clothes.

Look back to our bed were he still sat, naked but cleaned from the recent bath. After he took one he flung himself back on the bed claiming he was sore. He was sat on his butt with his legs on opposites sides of him, the blanket draped over his shoulder and in his lap so only the top of his chest was exposed. He was too adorable.

"Of course, I know you're sore so just rest up today, you can come out when you want but get some more rest, it's still early." I sat on the edge of the bed, letting Yugi wrap his arms around my neck and press his chest against me, his head on my shoulder.

"I'll send someone up because you didn't eat breakfast. I have a meeting to get to and afterwards I have to start planning the wedding with Isis and Seto. I may not see you again until after lunch."

I could see him pout from over my shoulder. I huffed a laugh and turned my body towards him, so I could take him into my arms. He gladly cuddled closer to me, the blankets almost falling from his shoulders.

"Get some rest little one, I'll see you later." I pushed him back down to lay on the pillow, tucking the blankets under his chin. He closed his eyes as I gave him one last peck on the forehead.

I walked out my bedroom down and closed it quietly even if he was still awake. Outside my door was, like always, Seto, waiting for me to get my ass moving so we aren't late to the meeting.

"Did you have fun last night?" He asked, glancing at the dark marks that trailed down my neck. Old and new.

"Shut up." I jokingly shoved his shoulder, making him stumble a bit as we walked to the meeting hall.

"You two go at it like bunnies. Seriously, not even me and Joey did it this much when we first started."

"I said shut up." I said a little louder, my cheeks turning a bit pink at his comment.

"I can hear you all the way in my room."

"Seto, shut up!"

He chuckled a bit as my embarrassed reaction. My face was noticeably red, even against my not so pale complexion. He doesn't laugh for long but when he stops he still had a smirk plastered on his face.

I refuse to say anything until we get to the meeting hall, passing a guard who I told to get Yugi breakfast. When we enter the meeting room all the guardians are sat down and waiting for me...and Seto I guess, but mostly me.

"So why was this meeting called so suddenly?" I asked, taking my seat at the head of the table, Seto sitting on my right side and Mahad at my left.

"Atem, as you know you are getting older," Isis starts.