Chapter 43

~Atem's POV~

Waking up after last night was a struggle for Yugi. He was terrified to see the results because he knew, this was his last chance to get pregnant.

We were getting ready to head to Isis before everyone got up for the day. Yugi was sitting on the bed, waiting for me to get ready, shaking like a man on death row.

"Clam down little one, everything is going to be fine." I sat next to him and rested my arm over his shoulder, bringing him closer into my chest which he buried his face into me.

"I'm scared." He whimpered.

"I know, I know." I cooed, trying to sooth him by petting his hair and holding him gently. "I know it might seem scary now but just wait until we find out your pregnant, how exciting will that be, we'd both become fathers." I said hoping my words will come true when in reality, I'm terrified as well.

I have no clue whether or not this potion is going to work, I didn't even know Isis could make this kind of potion so I've never seen it done in action so for all I know this potion may no be doing anything while we think it is.

I don't want to voice my concerns to Yugi incase it causes him to worry more, so I kept my doubts to myself and tried to stay as positive as I could. For him. For my husband.

"Not come on, we have to get to Isis before the day starts." I pulled him out of my chest so I can speak to him face to face.

"C-Can we wait until later today, I don't want to find out now." His stuttered, still shaking like a leave in the wind.

"Aibou, it's not going to help your nerves to wait, it's going to be better if we find out now." I rubbed his shoulder up and down, leaning in to peck his forehead.

He whines a little but nods his head never the less. And thus we had to get up to make our way to the medic rooms where Isis was waiting for us.

We stopped just outside the door of the medical room. I grabbed Yugi's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Yugi, no matter what happened behind those doors, I will always love you." I looked over and down into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you too Atem, I'll always love you." He said.

Taking a deep breath we both walked into the medic counters and just like always, Isis was waiting for us.

"I'm guessing you know what to do?" Isis said jokingly towards Yugi.

He swallowed hard and gave her a nod. Climbing onto the table on the room without letting go of my hand.

Isis got everything see needed from him. The final blood works, the final test. Everything is riding on these test coming back positive that the potion worked.

"It won't be too long." She gives both of us a smile before walking away to test the results.

Yugi was shaking so much next to me. He was pale in the face, paler than he normally was. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze and smiled up at him.

"Aibou everything is going to turn out fine."

"But what if it's not Atem, what if I'm not pregnant then you have to have a heir with some other royal girl?" Yugi asked frantically, his breath starting to speed up again.

"I doubt that it's going to come to that but I can just refuse to have a heir."

I know what I just said was stupid and completely out of the question but I'm the short time I had to try and think of something to make Yugi feel less self conscious I was going to say anything.