Chapter 17

~Yugi's POV~

When the meeting was over with Atem had business in the throne room so he came to get me. When we walked in the room there were multiple boys and girls around my age lined up just as Joey and I were a lot time ago.

Atem took his spot on the throne and asked me to stand beside him, next to Seto who was there as well but I didn't see Joey.

"Speak." Atem said to the guards, that same booming voice I remember from that day.

"We have brought these boys and girls in for your judgement." The guard spoke and I knew he met to either be a servant or a worker in the pyramids.

His eyes scanned the crowd of at least 10, 7 boys and 3 girls. No one said a word as he looked over all of them, not missing anything. I almost felt jealous as he looked at them.

His deep crimson eyes stared into the souls of those 10 young teens. Taking him time to eye each of them down from head to toe before moving on to the next one in line.

"Non shall go to the pyramids, they are all going to be servants." That surprised even the guards but the new servants looked at each other happy that they aren't sent to work labor.

"I want 2 servants per guard, show them around and get them settled in before lunch." Atem said loudly in his stern voice that had grown to make my knees weak.

The guards wasted no time in pairing two random people together and pushing them along to give them the same tour me and Joey had gotten when we got here.

"Why did you want so many people?" Seto asked when it was just me, him, Atem and two guards that were out of ear shot.

"The more help the better, plus we won't need to schedule something like this again in a while." Atem said and stood from him throne. We weren't here long it already feels like so much time has passed.

"You do realize you're going to have to give them all a job tonight right?" I pointed out to him, remembering that is what he did to us when we first arrived.

He groaned and laid his head on my shoulder. I chuckled, kissing his head and ruffled his hair, making it a little messed up.

"Don't spoil him too much." Seto smirked and walked out of the throne room, probably to find Joey.

"You're going to be with me right?" He lifted his head to look at me. When he stares at me with those deep crimson eyes I couldn't say no.

"Of course Atem, I am your personal servant after all." He smiled at my words and grabbed my hand to pull me along but a guard stopped him in his tracks.

"My pharaoh, someone is here for you." The guard bowed and opened the main doors, a tall and buff man with white hair came walking in. His chest was mostly on show because of his opened robe but at least he had bottoms on. A large scar went down one of his dark brown eyes. He looked a little like Ryou but more dark.

"Ah Bakura, I haven't seen you in Ra knows how long." Atem went down to greet this 'Bakura' with a small hug and pat on the back.

"Little one, come down and say hi." Atem called out to me so I obeyed his wishes and came down next to my partner, hiding a little behind him because the man in front of us scared me a little with how he looks.

"There's no need to be shy Aibou, I've known him for some time now." Atem chuckled and side stepped a little so I was now out in the open.

Bakura grabbed my hand and bent down to kiss the back of my hand "nice you meet you, I'm Bakura."

"That's enough," Atem chuckled, pulling me away forcing Bakura to drop my hand.

"What's your name." Bakura's voice was deep and mysterious. I was still on guard about this guy and Atem noticed I was frightened.