Chapter 42

~Atem's POV~

The day after finding out our first try was a fail, Yugi woke up with the same excitement he did that day, eager to find out if the second potion had worked.

He looked so adorable nervously bouncing on the medic table while we wait for our results. But they weren't the results we were hoping for.

"I'm sorry my kings, but it doesn't look like the potion worked today either."

Yugi's face look even more saddened than it did yesterday. I looked over at him and rested my hand on his thigh to try and comfort him.

"It's okay little one, we still have more chances." Only three though.

He looked down and I could see his eyes start to gloss over. When I noticed his fallen expression I was up in a heartbeat and pulling his face into my chest.

"There is no need to cry Aibou. We will try again tonight, ya?" I asked hopefully and looked down at him while rubbing his back.

He blinked away the tears that threatened to fall and looked up at me and nodded, probably not trusting his voice not to crack.

—————

We hoped for a better response the next day and even the next. Thinking that maybe the next day will be better than the last but to our dismay, it was farthest from happy.

For the next few days we tried and tried again hoping for a better result but in the end, we are down to out last potion. Tonight will literally make it break Yugi and to be completely honest, I don't even want to take the last potion in fear it won't work.

Me and Yugi thought a day or two break would help so after 5 more days. It was the afternoon on the final night. The night to see if Yugi can bear a child.

~Yugi's POV~

I was walking the hallways with Hamia, my servant or 'bodyguard' as Atem made him out to sound. He was big, taller and more muscular than Atem. Reaching almost as tall as Seto. He had red hair that was shaven on the sides, purple eyes and a scar in the shape of an 'X' on his cheek. Over all he looked like a very scary guy but was actually very sweet. He had a nice smile and caring eyes. He was great to talk to when Atem and Joey were busy.

(A/N: "Hamia" in Arabic means 'Protector')

"I've noticed you've been down the past week, what's wrong my young king?" Hamia asked as we walked the main hallway on the first floor. Passing a few servants and guards who bowed when they saw me. I'm still getting used the this attention.

"If I'm being honest, me and Atem are trying for a child but it's not necessarily working as good as I thought." I fiddled with my thumbs and started in the middle of the hall.

"A child? Is that even possible?" He stopped along with me, looking stunned.

"Isis said the she could brew a potion to make me able to have children. She said I can only take 5 before I risk permanent damage to my system, we're on our last potion now." I choked on my last sentence as a tear few down my cheek.

"My king, I'm so sorry." He hesitated to put his arms around me but I didn't give him much time to think before I lunged into his arms.

He made quick and engulfing my small frame without crushing me. He rubbed my back and encouraged to let my tears out, which I had already been doing. I gripped his top into a ball with my fist. He didn't say anything and let me heal on my own.

"Hamia!" I heard the commanding voice of my husband echo through the hallway.

I backed away a little to see Atem, hands clenched to his side, walking threateningly towards us.