Chapter 25

~Atem's POV~

(Warning: mentions of rape and torture((at the end))

Once the light dimmed and then faded away I could see the body of the girl I pushed to the side had fallen to the ground, not moving. I know I didn't push her that hard.

The doctor knelt down next to her as the other nurses surrounded her, looking at their friend in distraught. The doctor held his hand to the girls neck, feeling around for her pulse.

"She's dead." The doctor looked around at all the shocked faces. Everyone looking around at each other trying to mentally think about how she randomly up and died.

A groan from the table brought everyone out of thought and shot over to the boy that was thought to be dead.

My heart fluttered as Yugi sat up, head in his hand. I couldn't help myself but rush to his side and bring him into my arms. He didn't respond at first but when he processed what was happening he did something I didn't expect him to. He started screaming.

"Get away from me, don't touch me!" He thrashed around in my hold.

"Yugi, it's me." I tried calming him down but he wouldn't stop wiggling so against my will I let go of him. He took deep breaths but eventually calmed down.

"Aibou?" I asked curiously and reached my hand back out to touch him but he only flinched away from me and curled into his naked body, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around himself.

"I-I don't understand, how is this possible, you says he was dead." I couldn't help but growl at the doctor, turning to face him standing by the girl.

"He was dead, but this girl was also very much alive too." Doctor out a finger under his chin, trying to understand what had happened.

"Atem, your millennium puzzle." Isis said, pointing to my puzzle which was dangling around my neck.

I grabbed hold of the upside down pyramid and looking at the eye in the center. It was no longer glowing like I had just felt.

"There was a bright light that filled the room a few minutes ago, I felt it was from my puzzle." I stated, letting it fall back to dangling around my neck.

"What were you thinking when that bright light happened." Isis asked me, taking a step towards Yugi to see if he would flinch from her, which he slightly did but let her put her hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know, I was just so angry, I was sad because I thought I lost him." Just the reminder that I almost lost Yugi made a shiver run down my spine.

"Now I don't know if this is possible..." she trailed off, running a hand up and down Yugi's arm, trying to comfort him.

"If whats possible." The doctor asked, stepping closer to the small shivering boy who push away from him.

"I think the puzzle gave the girls life energy to Yugi."

What? I killed this girl, but that can't be possible. I didn't ask for this, yes I wanted Yugi to life but I didn't know I took someone's life away.

"But what about Lily, why her life?" One of the nurses spoke up to ask, seeming angry as her friend was now dead.

"My pharaoh, you pushed her out of the way when you walked in the room, you touched her." The doctor looked from me to the girl on the ground.

"I-I didn't know." I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach as the guilt starting eating away at me.

"What's going on? Atem?" Yugi was still sitting on the table trying to cover himself up, looking around at everyone confused.

I tried approaching him again and grabbed his hand. He was okay for a few seconds but them his face dropped and he quickly released my hand.