Chpt. 3

(Sophie in pic^^)

-Matthews p.o.v.--a few minutes earlier-

"Hey, I forgot to give you this, this morning" I heard a girl say and looked up, the most amazing smell was much stronger now. I looked over to the girl with the amazing smell and she was gorgeous.

'Mate! Mate! Mate!' Rider my wolf growled repeatedly. The girl looked up meeting my stare and I couldn't believe it. It was Tia, my sisters best friend, the girl I always picked on.

She set the small box down on the counter tears clearly in her eyes. I was hoping they were tears of joy and that she was going to run and hug me. Boy was I wrong.

She turned around and sprinted out of the kitchen. Her mom looked confused but I dropped the half eaten sandwhich I was eating and sprinted after her.

"TIA! TIA WAIT!" I called after her. Damn this girl has gotten really fast I thought as she sprinted up the stairs taking three at a time. Damn.

As I reached the top of the stairs I heard crying and rushed voices. I pressed my ear to the door listening.

"No, no. Sophie make it stop please" I heard Tia say as she cried. I started banging on the door trying to get in but it was locked.

"Tia! Tia look at me!" My sister begged trying to stay calm.

"Tia! calm down" my sister was panicking now.

"S-Sophie I-I can't b-breathe" I heard my mate choke out panicking more than she was. I jiggled the handle more.

"GO AWAY!"  My sister yelled.

"Sophie let me in!" I hollered through the door. The door flung open and a clearly freaking out Sophie stood there.

"What do you want!" She yelled at me.

"Move out of my way" I hissed pushing past my sister into her room. Tia's eyes widened and she backed into the walled scared. I felt pained that my mate was scared of me.

"Matthew just go, can't you see that you scare her?" My sister asked and it pained me that she was right.

"Tia" I whispered kneeling in front of her.

"My not going to hurt you" I said slowly reaching out to her. She whimpered scared. What have I done?

"Please I'm so sorry for what I had done to you in the past. I hate that I hurt you, please forgive me" I begged but she just looked at me. I sighed dropping my arm to my side.

"Why would you forgive me? I wouldn't forgive me either. I should never have hurt you before, I was such a stupid kid, and I still am for thinking that you would forgive me" I said hurt.

"I'll stay away from you" I whispered the last part.

I put my right hand on my knee going to stand up when I felt small arms fling them self around my neck. I was surprised that Tia was hugging me tightly with her head in my neck. I sighed a quiet relief a small smile forming on my lips as I slowly wrapped my arms around her small waist holding her close to me.

"I'm so, so sorry Tia" I whispered softly rubbing her back.

"Its okay" she mumbled into my neck. I mentally sighed, no its not okay and I'm going to make it up to her.

(Edited.)