Chpt. 13

-Tia's p.o.v.--the next day-

"Why do you do this?" I asked Jason.

"Do what?" He asked with a slight shoulder shrug.

"You tell me you like me one minute then your running away from me the next, how is that fair to me?" I asked and he sighed.

"Its not and I'm sorry but-"

"But nothing, your always so on edge when your with me. Like who the hell is going to care about this, whatever this is?" I asked. He stood up from my bed holding up his right hand shaking it back and forth slightly along with his head.

"You don't get it there's so much more to this than you think" he said.

"Then tell me what it is. No one will tell me and frankly I feel like I'm going crazy!" I said raising my voice slightly.

"Shhh, keep your voice down" he shushed me.

"Why?" I asked with my hands on my hips staring at him with raised eyebrows.

"You're so cute like that-what no, off topic..because someone will hear you" he whispered.

"So be it, I don't care" I said stepping closer to him pushing him on my bed.

"Now, stop talking" I said as I climbed onto his lap straddling him.

I leaned down kissing him and he kissed back. I ran my hands up and down his chest. He pulled away so I moved to his kneck.

"Tia, we cant do this" he said.

"You talk to much" I mumbled. Then a howl pierced through the air. It sounded so close and so very loud.

"Aaahhhh!" I groaned out in pain covering my ears falling off Jason's lap.

"Tia, what's wrong?" Jason asked. I sighed in relief when the howl stopped and I uncovered my ears.

"Its nothi-aaahhhh!" I cut myself off with another groan of pain.

"Make it stop!" I yelled pulling my knees closer to my chest covering ears.

"Make what stop?" He asked/yelled.

"Why are you yelling at me?" I asked.

"I'm not yelling, I'm talking normally" he said concerned.

"I can hear everything, its so loud make it stop please" I begged closing my eyes tightly in pain. I felt tears slip down my cheeks as the pain increased.

"I'll be right" he said then I heard my bedroom door open and running feet.

"Aaaahhhh!" I screamed repeatedly to try to block out all the other sounds.

"Why is she screaming?" I heard someone ask.

"I don't know, we were just talking and she fell to the floor yelling pain, telling me to make it stop" I heard Jason say.

"Go get the doctor" I heard the woman say again.

"It hurts so much, make it stop!" I screamed. I soon felt someone gently grab hold of my hands sending tingles through my body.

"Open your eyes" they said softly. I slowly opened my eyes to see Matthew and for some reason my heart beat sped up. He slowly took my hands down from my ears, I flinched from all the sounds.

"Listen to the sound of my voice, concentrate on my voice, only my voice" he spoke softly. I swallowed and nodded looking him in the eyes. I focused on just his voice like he said.

"Are you concentrating?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes"

"Now focus your hearing on just what you want to hear" he said and I did so.

"I can't its still so loud" I said looking down.

"Hey" he said lifting my head up to look at him again.

"You can do it, I believe in you" he said with a slight smile.

"Okay" I whispered and took a deep breath.

"Good, now focus on every sound then dim the sounds down so they aren't so loud" he explained and I did. Slowly the sounds weren't so loud but bearable.

"Thanks" I breathed out.

"Anytime" he said and smiled.