Chpt. 12

-Tia's p.o.v.-

"Am I good to go now?" I asked Dr. Johnson.

"Yes, but remember if you feel dizzy, light headed, anything come back right away, ok?" She said and I nodded.

"I will" I said as I left the main room and bumbed into someone.

"Woah!" I gasped quickly turning to see who it was.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there" I said and he smiled at me.

"No worries Tia" he said.

"Right, well, I'm just gonna go to my room" I said taking a few steps away from him but stopping.

"Um" I said catching his attention again.

"Yes?"

"Where is my room?" I asked slowly. He smiled slightly.

"Come on I'll show you" he said walking ahead of me as I quickly followed.

"So, uh, I never got your name" I said matching his pace.

"Jason" he said not looking at me.

"Well, Jason its very nice of you to help me out" I said putting a thoughtful hand on his upper arm and smiling. He jerked his arm away quickly.

"You shouldn't touch me" he said still not looking at me.

"Okay, sorry" I said quietly.

"This is your room" he pointed to the door beside him.

"Thanks" I mumbled going inside and closing the door behind me.

I walked over to the bed sitting down looking at the walls trying to remember. Nothing looked familiar, I'm a stranger to myself. Why can't I remember?

I put my head in my hands and sighed. I'm surrounded by strangers but they're not strangers or at least I don't think they are. Ugh! I need to remember.

'It'll all work out' I heard someone say making me snap my head up.

"Who said that?" I asked but there was no reply. I groaned standing up going to my bedroom door. I quietly opened it listening to hear hushed voices.

I quietly stepped out into the hallway following the voices to a large door and strained my ears to listen.

"No, I forbid it. Right now she's human, you know better than anyone Matthew, you can't tell her" I heard a deep voice say.

"But she's one of us dad!" Matthew I think it was said.

"So starlight can tell her but you can't" his father said sternly.

"And what if I did?" He asked back.

"Son, what's done is done"

"Ugh! You never listen!" Matthew yelled and I quickly ran back to my room. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called and they came in.

"Hey Tia" Jason said.

"Hello" I said.

"Sorry about before, I wasn't trying to be rude" He said slowly coming closer to me.

"Its okay" I said looking at my wall with posters of The Fray. He came and sat next to.

"I really like that band huh?" I asked just staring at a poster. He slightly laughed.

"Yea, you do but I never got why" he said sitting next to me.

"Neither do I" I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"Did you ever ask?" I asked.

"Of course I did" he said looking at me with a smile.

"Well, what did I say?" I asked and he smiled.

"You would always say how you get lost in their songs. How their songs really spoke to you, helped you through tough things" he explained.

"Oh" I said.

"If only they could help me now" I mumbled under my breath to myself looking away from the guy.

"Don't worry, you'll regain your memory, and in the meantime you have everyone here to help you" he said reassuring me.

"Even you?" I asked, looking back up at him.

"Especially me" he said looking me in the eyes. Before I could realize it we were both leaning in. A few seconds into the kiss jerked away.

"What's wrong?" I asked thinking I did something wrong.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't do this its wrong" he said.

"How is it wrong?" I asked.

"Because.....look, Tia I really like you, I have for a long time but there's someone else for you" he explained.

"But I can't remember who it is so it doesn't matter" I said.

"Yes it does" he said. I put my hand under his chin turning his head to look at me. I quickly leaned in pressing my lips to his kissing him. After a few seconds he kissed back pulling me closer.

Something in me was telling me this was wrong but I didn't care, I need a break from not remembering anything.

He pulled away going to my neck, I moved my head to the side to give him more room. He kissed all over my neck then pulled away.

"I should go" he said moving away from me.

"But"

"I'm sorry, I have a job to do" he said.

"Okay, later?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll be back" he said and kissed me bye.