#83: TaeKook; Exquisite

TaeKook Short One Shot

ANGST

When love moved in an exquisite way. It is harder to let go.

"Really?" I questioned you one time and I was more than happy to receive an answer and let my thoughts reach you too, somehow.

"Yeah!" You immediately said. "Like... If you went through a hard time and your love is as deep as before or maybe even deeper, then it's harder to let go,"

Now, I understood.

The reason why you said 'it's harder to let go'.

"We can't... Continue anymore."

"Why?"

"Because we can't. There's no other reason. We just can't." You just said one day and I had no reason why. My mind immediately went to the past.

How you touched my cheek when you thought I was asleep. The way you would whisper your own name into my ears to tease me. You go 'Jeonggukie Jeonggukie, tokki tokki chagun chagun'. You sang those little tones into my ears while we walk side by side.

When I got a failing grade and was told that I might need to retake the year, you were there. You whispered all your gratitudes to me instead of letting me feel that something is wrong.

When your father found out about us and how we are both men, I was there with you and I stayed with you. I cried with you and kissed you until you feel better.

When my mother got sick and I had to take care of her in the hospital, you were with my little brothers and you took care of them when I couldn't. You hugged me and told me that it would eventually be fine. Even at my mother's funeral, you would pull me into the comfort room and would give me comforting kisses and hugs.

You were the one to talk to my brothers about the situation and you made them happy. Now they couldn't stop looking for you.

And a lot more...

Everything went back into my mind.

At first, I thought... 'Tae, wasn't our love exquisite enough? Is that why you are letting go?'

But I realized... You said it is hard to let go but never said that it is so hard that you won't be able to let go.

I wish...

I listened carefully.