#74: TaeKook; Divorce

TaeKook Short One-Shot

ANGST

The muffled streets and the sound of the piano that rang into their ears are overly excruciating. It was pounding deep into his soul. Pounding deep into his heart. Grinding his veins into thin sheets of lines. The fading warmth against his chest is striving way too hard that it hurts most. It hurts instead of heals. It wounds instead of treats. It simply brought the opposite of what it should actually bring.

"Have you... Uh... Have you seen--" the moment of painful silence was dropped and broken by the sound of his voice. It was he who caused it all and yet it was the other who's to blame. It has always been like that.

"Yes..." He cut off and continued eating the breakfast that the other man had served. Maybe for the last time.

"I rushed it s-so--"

"I know." He cut once more, not lifting his gaze from his food. The song was still playing on the background as the other sounds that could be heard on a fine breakfast meal was also mixed into the air.

"Look... This is not easy for me too--" Jungkook said in such a frown but he stopped when Taehyung had slammed down his utensils as if declaring the finish of his meal.

"Not easy... You seem to be at ease when you were preparing. You are even excited to file the divorce papers, aren't you? Because you're tired. Because you're hurt. Because you are the victim and this is all. My. Fault." Taehyung retorted as he nodded and looked up at the other man who had tears in his eyes, just immediately as Taehyung started to talk.

"How could you!" He slammed his fist on the table as well but Taehyung was unbothered. "I struggled!! I fucking struggled to keep this relationship and to keep you!! And now you talk like I should be the one to be blamed!" He shouted and Taehyung stood up, slamming his palm on the table as well and looked intently into the other man's tearful eyes.

"Have you ever asked me if I was okay?" Taehyung asked and grabbed the glass of water and drank it as he looked away. He kept silent as both of them calmed down. "I'll ask Hoseok to get my things here. Just let him get it and don't ask things. You can keep the house and everything." Taehyung ended as the urge to say something more crept into him. He sighed, trying to release the lump on his throat and took his bag before walking out the kitchen.

"T-tae--" Jungkook tried to call for him but his voice was too weak for the other to even hear. "C-can't you just... Come back?"