#47: TaeKook; Break My Heart Again

Taehyung One Shot

ANGST

It was a happy night at the plaza. Everyone was having fun and the not-so-chilly night served the people a nice sweet scent of comfort. The buskers are singing with their happy hearts. Some kids are jumping as they all sang through the night.

This is what Jungkook loved with this place. It is the countryside and it warms his heart. He moved here and it made him feel... so nice. He's not known and he started a new. The new.

They just ended their supposed-to-be last song but he saw the moon. No. Not that moon. His moon. His heart's moon. His eyes immediately got glued to the man's face as the boy walked past the crowd of people who were watching them. He still had that nice side profile of his. His cheeks and the way they looked so beautifully well. His crescent eyes as he walked around while watching the people. He felt himself trembling on his spot. He's aching to get out the middle of the crowd but all he could do was follow him with his eyes.

"Hey! you!" He shouted and people started to look around with confusion but he covered it up by singing. "I'm just now leaving..." the guitarist knew the song and for his aim to not ruin the night of buskers. He started to pick the strings with the right melody. "Can I come around later on this evening? Or do you need time?" The people started to coo at how Jungkook's voice just spoke the words of pain. "Yes, of course, that's fine."

"Hey, you!!" He tried to call again. His voice is slightly shaking now. He has to hear him! He has to! "G-Goodmorning... I'm sure you're busy now, why else would you ignore me?" He sang louder this time but the brush of pain couldn't be missed by the people around. "Or do you need space? You can't help it if your mind has changed..."

"So go ahead and break my heart again!" He almost shouted the words and the man looked. His eyes connected with Jungkook's in the slightest moment. Like they are meant to be. "Leave me wonderin' why the hell I ever let you in..." He sang as he watched the man's eyes go wide upon seeing and realizing the situation. "Are you the definition of insanity? Or am I? Oh, it must be nice." He whispered the words enough to still let the people hear. "To love someone who lets you break them twice..."

"You're so blue..." He sang as he followed him with his eyes. The man was now walking through the crowd so he could watch from the very front. "Are you still breathing? Won't you tell me if you found that deeper meaning..."

"Do you think I've gone blind?" He asked as if they are talking and he saw the honey tanned boy shaking his head as if answering his question. "I know it's not the truth when you say, 'I'm fine'."

"So go ahead and break my heart again..." He sang and the tears that he had been keeping strolled down his cheeks from his eyes. "Leave me wonderin' why the hell I ever let you in. Are you the definition of insanity? Or am I?" The people noticed how does the busker stared at the man in front and gossips are around.

"Oh, it must be nice...." He sang and then he saw the man's tears falling as well. "To love someone who lets you break them twice..." He wanted to go to him and touch his cheek.

"Don't pretend that I'm the instigator. You were the one, but you were born to say goodbye..." He wanted to go to him and kiss him, "Kissed me, half a decade later. That same perfume, those same sad eyes..."

"Go ahead and break my heart again. Leave me wonderin' why the hell I ever let you in... Are you the definition of insanity?" He wanted to kiss his forehead just like how he used to do. "Or am I? ...Or am I?"

"Tae!" A man from afar called.

"It must be nice..." He neared the end as he watched the man approaching him and holding his hand. Their eyes are still connected but Jungkook was watching everything. He saw how the man kissed the side of his cheek

"To love someone who lets you break them twice..." And they left while Jungkook just watched as they disappeared in the crowd.