#88: TaeKook; Look-alike

TaeKook Short One Shot

ANGST

Taehyung and Jeongguk are best friends. You can even call it as best of best best friends. They're practically so in love with each other's offered 'friendship' and they both like it that way. Or maybe Taehyung loves it the way they are.

He does.

Nah. Actually... He loves (as in love love) Jeongguk but he sees Jeongguk's love for him is purely platonic. He does understand every bit of it and he wanted their friendship more than how he wanted anything else. He's contented.

Maybe.

One day, Taehyung found a boy who looks like Jeongguk and found him really really cute. And a selfish though, a rather absurd one, came into his mind.

If I cannot risk having Jeongguk because of our friendship, then why not risk having this boy? With him, I have nothing to risk and fear about... Right?

So he did. He met up with the guy and the boy liked him too. They somehow clicked and Taehyung is very happy with how things are going until one night.

A drunk Jeon Jeongguk barged into his house, demanding to be heard, and very very very angry. His voice was shamelessly loud as he shouted the words that Taehyung never expected to hear that night or even ever in his life.

"SAY THE TRUTH! YOU LIKE THAT BOY BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE ME! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!! HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO THAT INNOCENT MAN! WHY!? WHY DONT YOU TRY THE REAL FUCKING THING, YOU BASTARD!!!" Jeongguk shouted at the top of his lungs as before slowly calming down and drunkenly sat down on Taehyung's apartment's floor, like a kid throwing a silent tantrum.

"Just ... I... I-I don't understand... w-why not me?"