#92: TaeKook; Amusement Park

TaeKook Short One Shot

ANGST

Jeongguk inhaled deeply as he smiled. The place used to be filled with people. It used to be packed and used to be overwhelming. Used to be as full as the sun and as happy as the little birds flying around. The few trees around would make the place even more pretty and less chaotic. The metals around are in different colors and hues and shades. Everything is beautiful in the eye.

"Are you sure?"

But only one is beautiful for Jeongguk. Only one person submits such ecstasy with just a single eye smile. Only one person's smile could make everything blurry and would make his eyes focus on him and only him. Only one person made his heart clench in such happiness and relief that he was born and that he stayed alive until that day that he saw his smile towards him. Only one person made him feel the need to smile back as his lips curved into soft upward lines. Only him. Him.

"Y-yes..."

He walked to the platform that held their most favorite ride as his lips curved into smiles, which did not reach much of his eyes. Those smiles that he never needed to give to that person that taught him how to actually smile. Those smiles that he would never turn to him for he knew that he would be mad upon seeing such fake curves. He inhaled the thin air of the place and the smell of rotten iron filled his nose. Disgusting as much but he cared less. He got on the said ride and sat in the same place as they used to sit on.

"You can never take it back once we..."

He could remember within his veins and he could see from the very back of his mind. He could remember how his hands feel like. He could remember how he smelled. How he sounded as he yelled out in happiness. He could remember every single detail that he had. But they are fading very slowly and he had no other choice but to watch them leave.

"I know. But we're both tired..."

He looked around the place and softly smiled to himself. How he wished he was still here... he closed eyes and felt the air against his skin, reminiscing the air that hit their faces back then as the ride swings fast. Their hair was flying and the air was strong. He closed his hand softly, remembering how his warm hands felt like when he raised their hands to enjoy the moment, still holding onto each other. Their faces were painted with big smiles and crescent eyes as they yelled and screamed.

"Okay..."

I love him and the way he existed. The way he felt against me. The way he lingers against my body. The way he tasted. The way his lips move against mine. The way he sang a song to me every night. the way he smiled and squeezed my hand when I need reassurance. The way he... loves me.

The nurses came in and Mr. and Mrs. Kim are in tears.

I love him.

Then, they turned off the machine, life support.

I love you.

"Kim Taehyung, time of death, 8:45 pm December 30, 20**"

I am coming... Tae. I'll see you soon.

reference: