#89: TaeKook; Dear Jeongguk-ssi

TaeKook Short One Shot

ANGST

"For you, what is the most valuable thing that you gave to him?" The interviewer asked as Taehyung inhaled deep and started to think.

There was a comfortable silence around the place and he slowly smiled. "I think... I think that would be the one and only love letter that I gave him."

Everyone in the room cooed at the answer. "It is true that people don't usually do this anymore and it's very sweet and romantic to receive one. And maybe... Maybe he thinks that it is very valuable too."

Taehyung's mind went back to how he actually wrote that letter. He couldn't imagine how much time he spent but all he knew is that he took hours. Not because it is hard to write but because it is very long and he had no intention of organizing his thoughts. Whatever comes to his mind is the thing that he will write.

Dear Jeongguk-ssi,

I am Kim Taehyung and I wanted to say a lot of things. But I will start with why. There are things that I really adore with you. Just like when you smile. When your smile is so wide and all your teeth are showing and your nose is scrunching up. When you pout and your eyes are doing nothing but simply existing. They are doe and cute. You have a muscular body but I don't really care. But okay... Yes, I stare when you're all drenched with sweat in PE class. But still! I actually care less. When you play and annoy your friends. That is just so adorable for me! I just wish that maybe you could look my way a little.

As you can see, I really do like you, Jeongguk-ssi. I know this might be disgusting for you since I am also a man like you but I just wanted to tell you this. So, I won't have regrets...

I mean... I love you. I'm in love with you, Jeon Jeongguk. I'm a mere student but I hope... maybe at least once you try to look my way and know that I exist.

Those are the things that only Taehyung can remember. Sadly...

"I think and maybe half sure? Haha... Because... Because that's the only thing that he didn't give back to me when we broke up. I don't know if he lost it or he threw it away... But the fact that he gave all my gifts and my possessions in his house back... It gave me a little hope. That maybe...

Maybe he's still holding on..."