Chapter 22: Waking Up

Eshan's POV (SURPRISE 🥳)

". . . Shan . . ." I heard a voice and felt somebody shaking my arm.

Sarah . . .

Is that Sarah?

I opened my eyes slowly, hoping that the person who was calling my name is Sarah.

But, when I opened my eyes, I saw my brother, Yasir, beside me.

Sarah?

I looked around.

Where did she go?

I sat up right away on the bed and looked around once again. But all I saw was an empty room with just Yasir and me.

I clenched my fingers onto the bedsheets.

My heart felt like it was crumbling and drowning in water. I felt like I wanted to hit something. I was just angry.

Yesterday, I thought I saw Sarah . . .

She was so close to me. I was holding her on my arms. She was taking care of me. She was holding my hand the entire night and today when I woke up, she was just . . . Gone . . .

Once again . . .

I run my hand on my hair in frustration.

Darn it!

Why again?!

Just why?

Yesterday was the only dream that I had of her that wasn't a nightmare. I really thought that she was real, but she wasn't!

I slammed my hand on the bed in anger.

"Eshan!" Yasir yelled making me look at him.

I sighed.

I completely forgot that Yasir was here.

"What happened?" He asked me. I knew he was worried about me but I didn't care at this moment.

I didn't answer him. Instead, I reached for the glass of water that was on the nightstand. Suddenly, I noticed a letter on the night stand and a paper weight was sitting onto of the letter.

I move the paper weight and pull the letter from there. Bringing it close to me, I began to read it.

 Bringing it close to me, I began to read it

"Dr. Kung?" I asked, looking at Yasir.

Yasir nodded. "Actually, I read this letter when I came here. Apparently, last night you had high fever and Aliya and me went to Ms. Ifra-"

"Mr. Ifra?!" I clenched my fist in anger.

Yasir knew I hated that woman. Since the day I landed on Miami, I saw that woman and she had been doing nothing but making me angry. First, she got bumped into me in front of the reporters purposely knowing that they were taking my photos. Secondly, she didn't taught her any manners to her kids and even threatened me to leave the hotel.