Chapter 14

NARRATION

"I-I can't believe he'd do that to me" Elena cried until it hurt, the tears streaming down her cheeks and onto her dress. The boys and Vic were trying to console her inside the tent, but nothing could cure this heartache. They'd closed the entrance to the tent, and the majority of the guests had left by now. Leaving only Mattia, Cindy and Jackson outside.

ELENA'S POV:

"It's okay, I'm here" Vic held me close as I tried to stop myself from having a complete meltdown. She wiped my tears away as I clutched onto Alvaro's jacket. My phone started ringing and I looked at the screen. Before I saw the name, I caught a glimpse of my reflection. My mascara had all smudged, and my foundation was beginning to rub off. I was a wreck. And it was all his fault. Mattia. I'd lost count of how many times he'd called me now.

"Maybe you should just hear him out?" suggested Vic. Obviously I needed an explanation, but there was no way I'd be able to speak to him without breaking down all over again.

"I'll speak to him for you" offered Kairi. He took us all by surprise, but out of all the boys I'd trust Kairi the most with this. I handed him the phone and he put it on speaker.

"Hello? Elena?"

Just hearing his voice made me hurt even more. I leaned on Vic as fresh tears formed in my eyes. I missed him more than I ever thought I would. He did the worst thing he could possibly ever do to me, yet I still loved him, with everything I had.

"Nah, what do you want" asked Kairi.

"Can I speak to her? Please?" Mattia sighed, and Kairi looked at me. I shook my head, wiping away my tears for what felt like the millionth time.

"No, what do you want?" he repeated.

"Look just tell her I'm sorry for everything, I never meant to cheat on her"

"Bro do you hear what you're saying? Never meant to cheat? What the fuck does that mean?"

"I missed Elena-"

"So you fuck another girl?" chimed in Alejandro.

"I know it was wrong, just let me speak to her"

"She doesn't want to speak to you, Mattia" said Kairi. I bit my lip, wondering whether I should speak to him or not. Even if I was about to speak to him, I wasn't letting him see me in this state.

"Just pass her the fucking phone!" Mattia said loudly. I signalled for Kairi to hang up and he did so.

"I'm sorry El"

He came over to me and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. Kairi and I had always been so much better after we split. At least he never felt the need to cheat on me.

"I'm going to speak to him" I stood up, and smoothed down my dress. It had stains on it from where mascara had fallen on it, but I couldn't care less at this point. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

"We all knew this was coming guys" I shrugged and started making my way outside.

"We'll be here" said Vic, guiding me out. It was pitch black outside, I had no idea what time it was. Our parents had left along with everyone else, I didn't want them to have to see what was about to go down. They'd seen enough.

Mattia's eyes widened when he saw me.

"I-I didn't think you'd come out" he said sheepishly.

"Neither did I. Let's talk"