Chapter 29

ELENA'S POV:

The next morning I woke up tangled up in Kio's arms. Nothing had happened last night. We decided we'd watch a movie but I was too drained to even keep my eyes open. I gently kissed his cheek as he stirred in his sleep.

"Morning" he yawned, kissing my head. His voice was raspy which gave me butterflies all the more.

"Morning sunshine" I said, causing a smile to spread across his face when he recognised his own phrase. He pulled me closer and I rested my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I heard my phone ringing on the other side of the room. I groaned in annoyance and got out of bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I tried to make out the contact name.

Mattia

I swallowed as my throat went dry and wondered what he wanted at 10:30 in the morning. He doesn't wake up till at least after 11.

"Who is it, babe?"

I looked at Kio and plastered a smile across my face.

"Oh just some unknown caller" I said quickly, hanging up. I turned my phone on silent and opened my closet.

"Are you planning on getting out of bed anytime soon?" I said, forcing a laugh. I looked in my closet and saw three of Mattia's hoodies. My stomach dropped a little and I slammed the doors shut.

"Woah babe, what's wrong?"

Kio stood up and came over to me, holding my hands in his. I felt myself shaking and tried to brush it off.

"Nothing, I-I just thought I saw a spider" I stuttered, walking towards the door.

"I'm gonna make breakfast"

I took a few breaths to steady myself and Kio eyed me suspiciously.

"Okay, I guess" he said, and went to get dressed.

As soon as I got downstairs I opened the cupboards to see what food I had. The first thing I saw was blueberry pancakes. No.

I had to get him out of my head. This wasn't right. I'm with Kio, I'm with Kio and that it. I threw the blueberry pancakes in the trash and started frying bacon instead. I made breakfast and carefully prepared two plates. I went to get orange juice from the refrigerator as I heard footsteps walking in.

"What the fuck is this?" Kio said loudly, with clenched fists. I jumped slightly and looked over at him. He was pointing at my phone with anger written all over him.

"What?" I said, walking over to him to get a closer look. There were 7 missed calls from Mattia. I sighed and rolled my eyes at the phone.

"He's probably just-"

"Jealous? Cause that's all you've been fucking saying lately!" he yelled, waving his arms in the air.

"What else do I say?" I said loudly, taking the phone out of his hand. He picked up his jacket and looked at me with an irritated expression.

"You're clearly not over him, so I don't think we'll work out" he said, running a frustrated hand through his hair. I looked at him and shook my head.

"What? Wait Kio I'm sorry"

"Don't be, I was stupid for thinking you were the one"

I felt pools of tears forming in my eyes as I took Kio's hand in mine and tried to stop him from leaving.

"Let's just forget about him, okay?" I pleaded.

"How? He fucking pops up everywhere, it's impossible to have a second with you without his dumbass popping up"

"What do you want me to do, Kio? That's not in my control"

"Delete his number"

I felt my stomach do a flip as Kio spoke. Mattia and I may not be together anymore but that didn't mean we would never speak again.

"I can't do that" I said quietly, looking at the ground. He shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the door.

"Guess we're finished then."

He walked upstairs to collect his things and I followed after him.

"I don't know why you have to be so dramatic" I said as we got into my room. He stared at me with a bewildered expression on his face.

"Dramatic?" he yelled "are you fucking kidding me right now? Says the one who used me since she wasn't over her ex!"

I looked at him, slightly taken aback by what he'd said.

"Kio, I never used you"

"Of course" he scoffed, walking over and opening my closet. He began getting Mattia's hoodies and throwing them everywhere, every so often grabbing my own clothes too.

"Kio stop it!" I rushed after but he pushed me back into the nightstand, knocking a glass onto the floor. Glass was everywhere, causing him to finally stop.

"I'm sorry" he said, looking at all the mess. But an apology wouldn't fix the damage. Not this time.

"Just leave"

"Elena I-"

"Get out!" I screamed, he hung his head and started walking towards the door.

I heard the front door slam and sunk to the ground.