Chapter 1

The morning was quiet.
Almost too quiet for Cory Matthews.
He looked around as he still hadn't seen the blonde he has been teaching History to yet.
He exhales as he knew he had ti get started with the class but didn't want to.

"Daddy, why is Maya being like this?" Riley asked her father and Cory smiled.
"I don't know, Sweetie. Let's go on with..." Cory said as Maya came into the classroom.
"Sorry, Mr Smith kept me up longer than I anticipated," Maya said sitting down next to Riley.

"Class, I want to teach you a very valuable lesson today. Friends are everything and no matter what you can't lose them. Ever. These friends help you through almost everything in life. Whether it's something stupid or just something that you won't ever know about," Cory said.

~

"Maya, I need to tell you something," Riley said and Maya looked at her best friend.

They were getting their next books while it seemed unclear what was going to happen at that moment.
Maya smiled at her best friend as she exhaled.

"Me and Lucas... Gosh, I can't believe what I'm gonna say. We slept together," Riley said and Maya's eyes widened.
"Riley! You're fifteen. What were..."
"Please don't tell anyone," Riley said.
"When have I ever told anyone a secret you've shared with me? It stays between us and not even will I discuss it with Ranger Rick. What's next class?" Maya asked.
"Health," Riley said.
"You go ahead. I just wanna get more books then I'll join you," Maya said.

Riley was gone as Maya looked for the right time to ensure she wouldn't get into trouble.
She closed her locker door as she went to music class.
It has now been empty for almost the entire school year since they no longer do music but Maya never wanted to give that up.
She smiled looking at all of the instruments as she exhaled.

Josh Matthews walked into the school and immediately saw Cory.
Smiling at his older brother he walked over to him.

"Hey, Core," Josh said.
"Ah, you made it. Welcome to Abigail Adams. Riley and the others are in Health at the moment but you are more than welcome to wait here with..." Cory said as a alarm went off.

He looked around and Josh could see that his brother was very nervous.

"Empty the classrooms. Now! It's the fire alarm," Cory said as Josh went to help empty out every room.

"What's going on?" Riley asked as they had no possible idea what was really going on as Josh came in the room.
"Fire alarm. Everyone get out," Josh said and everyone slowly went out of the school.

Rushing through the hallways everyone made their way out.
Cory checked everything out on a list while he looked at the one girl who hadn't check out.

Maya Hart.

Where could she be?

"Dad, Maya isn't here," Riley said.
"Where is she?" Cory said.
"I don't know," Riley said with tears streaming down her face.