Chapter 64

Josh exhales as he looks down at his girlfriend.
She was still soundly asleep while they were waiting for news on Riley.
They now know that she was in theater and totally aware of her surroundings.
She did freak out a bit but she was now calm.
Josh shakes his head remembering when he first met Maya and when he did fall for her one day long ago.
He gives her head a light kiss causing her to wake up.

"Hey, Sweetheart. How you feeling?" Josh asked.
"Worry about your niece. She could lose Mckenzie," Maya said.
"She won't. I believe that with everything in me," Josh said as they saw Lucas.
"Come. I want to show you guys something," Lucas said as they followed him.

Going behind him into a hospital ward Maya sees Riley with a brand new baby in her arms immediately feeling the tears in the back of her head.

"Hey, guys. Come in. I want you to meet someone. Our daughter, Mckenzie Emma Rose Friar. This is your aunt Maya and uncle Josh, Sweetie," Riley said and Maya exhaled.
"You scared the hell out of us all," Josh said.
"Wanna hold her, Maya?" Riley asked and Maya nod as Riley gently handed the baby girl over to her best friend.

"Hi, baby. Hey, Mac," Maya said smiling at the newborn.

Mckenzie Emma Rose Friar