Chapter 46

Maya wiped her tears away as she quickly looked through a old family book of when she was little.
There he was.
Mason was there with nearly every single thing but her mother of course hid everything from her.

"What you looking at, Baby Girl?" Katy asked as she walked through the door.
"Pictures. Mason came here. I met him. Why did you and Dad hide us from each other?" Maya asked.
"Me and your father wanted nothing to do with each other and I guess not having you guys together was part of that. You'll be fine," Katy said as she went into her room.

Mays exhaled as she knew her mother had a point but she didn't want to face the reality.
She heard her phone ringing and saw her boyfriend's name as she smiled.

"Hi, Josh," Maya said.
"Are you okay? Why have you been crying and don't deny it. I can hear it in your voice," Josh said.
"My life is a mess," Maya said.
"It's going to get better. I know it," Josh said.
"Where are your parents? Why is it so quiet?" Maya asked.
"I'm not at their house," Josh said.
"Josh, where are you?" Maya asked.
"You tell me," Josh said and Maya got shocked as she could hear the voice clearly.

She turned around seeing him in the apartment immediately running in his arms.
Josh knew something was wrong but didn't want to nag just now.
Both were just happy that the other was there.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went to your patents to sort some stuff out," Maya said laying her hand on Josh's chest.
"No. I need to be here. My parents can manage," Josh said.
"My brother showed up," Maya said and Josh looked at Maya.
"Oh, Gorgeous," Josh said taking Maya into his arms.