Chapter 45

Maya smiled at the words in a book as she took her tea and sat down on the couch.
She wasn't feeling like going out neither did she feel like she wanted to go to Riley's.
She just wanted a quiet Saturday afternoon which she knew she wasn't able to get.

Josh had plans to go to Philly so Maya thought since he had to do that it was the perfect opportunity to just do nothing.
Exhaling as she heard a knock against the door and went to answer it finding a boy her own age.

"Can I help?" Maya asked.
"Hopefully. Are you Maya Hart?"
"Yeah, why?" Maya asked.
"My name is Mason Cole Hart."

Maya didn't know what to say but knew who it was.
She showed him he could come in while she tried to figure out how she was going to act.

"Can I get you some coffee?" Maya asked.
"Yes, please. Milk, one sugar. So when were you actually going to contact me? I know Dad told you and me," Mason said as Maya gave him a cup before they sat down.
"Figured I would give you some time. Was better if y ou was come to me," Maya said.
"Where is Mom?" Mason asked.
"At work. Where she has been for the past twelve years every day," Maya said ad she brushed her hair away.
"Maya, I want to know my sister. What is so bad about that?" Mason asked and Maya looked at him.
"What is so bad about that is that our father left me at the age of five taking his son leaving my mother with me. Hiding a brother from me for the past eleven years and when I found out I had no desire to get to know the man. Mason, of course I wanted something to do with you. But I've been through a lot and I'm trying to help my best friend. She got pregnant at 15 so I need to be here for her. I can't stay away from her just because I have a twin brother. I'm sorry."
"Yeah. So am I. See you around," Mason said and went out of the door.