Chapter 61

Maya smiles looking at how Lucas and Riley were fast asleep.
She threw a blanket over the two of them as she walked to the bedroom.
Sitting down next to her boyfriend and her future child's father she took a deep breath trying to figure out what is going to happen next.

"I wanna show you something," Maya said.
"Okay," Josh said as Maya took out the painting she was busy with.
"It's beautiful. They're going to love it. How are you doing? With the pregnancy and all that," Josh said.
"I don't want my journey to be like my mother's," Maya said causing Josh to look at her.

"I was born at 33 weeks. Very prematurely and in the most danger I have ever been in. I spend weeks in the NICU and my mom spend weeks praying I would be okay," Maya said.
"I was born at 36 weeks and couldn't breathe," Josh said and Maya smiled knowing they told each other each a secret.

Lucas woke up seeing a blanket over them but also his girlfriend fast asleep.
He smiled as he gave her a kiss hoping she would wake up but didn't and then Maya walked out of the hallway.

"I don't remember this part of sleeping beauty," Lucas said and Maya smiled.
"You are going to be a wonderful father, Luke. That and so much more. But now you have to start hoping things will turn out like you want them to," Maya said and Lucas smiled at the young girl.
"Thank you for everything you have done for us, Maya."