Chapter 14

Maya wiped her tears away looking at pictures that were taking a long time ago.
She exhaled knowing that nothing was as it seemed while she didn't know what to do.

"They pass me by
All of those great romances
It's as if you're robbing me of my rightful chances
My picture clear, everything seemed so easy
And so I dealt you the blow
One of us had to go
Now it's different, I want you to know
One of us is crying
One of us is lying
In her lonely bed
Staring at the ceiling
Wishing she was somewhere else instead," Maya sang shaking her head before she closed the book she was busy with.

Putting it away in her closet she heard a noise immediately looking back seeing a guy sitting in her window as she got the fright of her life.

"Josh? What on earth are you doing here?" Maya asked.
"I actually came to see you," Josh said climbing into her room as she grabbed her phone.
"What are you..."
"Callung your brother," Maya said as Josh grabbed her phone out of her hands making her look at him.
"I'm not looking for trouble. I just want to talk," Josh said and Maya shook her head going to her closet.
"I don't," Maya said.
"Why are you so upset? Had a bad day at school or did my niece do something?" Josh asked.
"Neither. Just leave me alone," Maya said trying not to show him how much she was breaking down.

Josh exhaled as he tried to figure out how to fix his mess.
He knew she was in a state because of what he did but he couldn't take anything back.
Not now.
Not after he was so rude and mean to her.

"I know I hurt you and I'll never be able to take things back. But I am sorry," Josh said and Maya exhaled pinching her eyes so tears would stop.
"It's okay. Please just go before we say something we are gonna regret," Maya said.
"Look at me," Josh said as Maya turned around facing the nineteen year old.
"I want to apologize. Not just like this. Come over to my place tomorrow evening. I'll make us some dinner then we can figure out what is going on," Josh said.
"Okay," Maya said as Josh went out of her window again.