Chapter 55

Maya looks at how Josh was still trying to figure out how to handle the news she told him a few minutes ago while Lucas was on the phone.
Maya heard a yell from the room immediately knowing Riley is awake and got a fright because the power is off.
She grabbed a lamp which she held out as she opened Riley's door.

"It's okay, Sweetie," Maya said sitting down next to Riley.
"Thunder struck the apartment and the power is gone," Maya said and Riley exhaled.
"My gosh, did I sleep through all of it?" Riley asked and Maya nod.
"Let's go through to the living room. The boys are also there," Maya said and helped Riley out of bed.

Lucas smiled as he saw his girlfriend putting down the phone.
Riley and Maya sat down on the couch as Riley threw her head over a pillow and Maya exhaled.
She threw a blanket over Riley as Josh switched the television to a nature scene.

Suddenly a phone starts ringing and Riley starts feeling around with her hands.
She grabs the television remote answering it causing everyone to smile.

"Gorgeous, that's you," Josh said and Maya went aside answering it.
"Tell her it's not.." Lucas said and Josh nod.
"Riley," Josh said as he took the remote out of Riley's hands.
"Uncle Josh, I am busy on the phone," Riley said and Josh shook Riley causing her to fully wake up.
"You up now? It was Maya's phone which rang and you had the television remote," Josh said and Riley looked at her uncle.
"Why did I have the remote? And who is calling Maya at nine the night?" Riley asked and Lucas laughed as Josh saw Maya again.

"Who was on the phone, Honey?" Josh asked and Maya smiled at the nickname.
"I'm feeling off so I asked for an appointment. They can squme in on Monday. Could you take me?" Maya asked and Josh knew what she actually meant.
"Sure," Josh said.