Chapter 13

"I am exhausted!" Riley said as she plopped down on her bed making her best friend smile.
"You are always. Maybe you just have to sleep more at night or take something for energy that us pregnancy friendly. I don't know," Maya said as she sat down.
"Lucas said you told me to call you. What's the matter?" Riley asked as she climbed under the covers.
"Nothing actually," Maya said as Riley looked at her best friend.

For the first time probably since their first high school dance last year Maya was wearing make-up and that rarely ever does happen.
Besides she was very much weird during the day and didn't know what to actually do with herself.

"Peaches," Riley said using her nickname for her best friend.
"I had a fight with Josh," Maya said as a tear rolled down her cheek.
"What happened?" Riley asked.
"I thought his feelings has changed. It hadn't. He was just being nice. I'm so tired of allowing myself to fall for him if everytime I'm just going to get a surprise," Maya said as she pulled her hand through her hair.
"I can't! I can't go on like... Riley," Maya said as she saw her best friend was fast asleep.
"Forget it," Maya said exhaling as she climbed out of the window.