Chapter 28: Don't Take This As A Downfall

"What happened?" I took a deep breath and sighed.

"She spit in my face and reached over the counter to slap me. I understand we're not supposed to hit back but that is not how I was raised."

"I'm going to try my best to be on your side but you know how the company is."

"I understand." I got up and gathered my belongings. I went to my car and called Millie.

"Hey I got off work early, do you want me to grab Kairi?"

"What you do?" I put my phone on the car stance and drove off.

"I'm not telling you because you're a snitch." She started laughing.

"That was one time Treasure."

"One time too many, you know you gotta build trust with me woman."

"Yeah, yeah, but it was to help you out."

"Bitch please." She started laughing.

"He almost got me pregnant."

"Well he threatened me. But I was on my period so I was a weak bitch. Anyway, yes you can get Kairi."

"Okay, call me when you done working."

"No call me once Dave found out whatever you did." She laughed and I Peppa Pigged her ass. I don't know what I'm going to do if I get fired. I have money saved up but, it's for my building. I also have never been fired because I usually play by the rules. This is low key embarrassing. I called Mama Gena and she looked at me and smiled.

"What happened?"

"Might be getting fired."

"For what?!"

"This lady. She spit in my face and slapped me and I just. Well you know me Gena."

"You'll be alright, you got that rich ass boyfriend."

"I depend on no one. I'm just going to continue making more clothes and then start on the wigs."

"I understand but that man wants to take care of you little girl."

"I'm not giving in. Everything isn't always set in stone. He could leave me any day and then what Imma be broke as hell. I already make more money doing that than this little job. I just always used it to save up for my building."

"Don't be preaching to me." She started laughing causing me to laugh. "You on your way?"

"Yeah, I'm pulling up in 5." She nodded and hung up. A few seconds later my phone rung and Dave face popped up on the screen.

"Giggles!" He smiled and I looked at him and smiled.

"Hi papí."

"Where you going? I thought you'll be on your lunch break."

"I'm on my way to get JJ and Kairi."

"What happened?"

"What you mean?"

"You was supposed to get off of work at 7, it's 3."

"Nothing baby. They cut hours."

"Treasure." He took a deep breath. "If you lie to me one more time..."

"I gotta go baby." I hung up and took a deep breath. I pulled up to Gena house and they both came running out. I got out the car and hugged both of them.

"Mama! Hi! Why you here early?!"

"I wanted to spend Saturday with you and I gotta surprise."