Chapter 35: Relief

Dave

I slowly open my eyes seeing bright ass lights everywhere. I looked to the left and seen my mama sitting in the chair with my pops Millie and Kairi.

"Ma, what you doing here? Where am I?"

"Aww my baby boy. Let me get you some water." I looked around confused trynna remember how the fuck I ended up in the hospital. "Here you go baby?" She handed me the water and I took a sip. I looked at a sleeping Kairi making me smile. Millie eyes were red making me scrunch up my face.

"What happened?" I asked as I drunk my water.

"You were in a car accident."

"A what..." As soon as I was about to ask the memory hit me like a truck and I ripped the IV's out my arm causing the machines to go off.

"Dave calm down." My pops got up and pushed me back on the bed. "Ya stubborn ass just got out of surgery, you trynna go back?!"

"W-where is Treasure?" They looked at me with sorrowful eyes and Millie sniffed. I sighed and continued getting up.

"Her family is in there with her now." I shook my head. It was painful as fuck getting up but they knew not to stop me because I wouldn't listen. I limped outside and ran into Bully.

"The fuck you doing bro?"

"T-treasure." He sighed.

"Let me at least get you a chair. You go hurt ya fucking self." He mumbled and walked away. A few seconds later he came back out with a wheel chair and after several minutes of us arguing he pushed me in the chair. He wheeled to what I was guessing was her room and my breath got caught up. Was I going to be able to see my baby laying there lifeless. I didn't even get the chance to make her my wife before loosing the love of my life. I bit my lip. "You ready?" I nodded and he pushed me inside.

"D-dave." Candace looked at me with tears rolling down her face. All of her family members were in here crying I motioned for Bully to stop. I had tears in my eyes before we even reached her bed. This shit hurt a nigga heart man. How would I explain this shit to JJ?

I took a deep breath and looked at her heart monitor that was still going. I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my ass to her bed. My heart sank. She had bruises all over her face with stitches on her forehead and lip, a cast on her arm and leg but she still looked beautiful. I looked at Bully confused.

"I thought she was gone."

"Naw man she's going to be just fine."

"What happened?"

"She was on the side that got hit. They did lose her a couple of times during surgery but sis fought through." I took a deep breath and sighed. My baby fought through man and I'm so happy she did. I won't ever question Allah but if I would have lost Treasure I would have been lost as fuck. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked behind me and seen it was her grandpa.

"Sorry sir, how you doing?"

"Much better now that I know she's okay. I been okay through a lot of deaths but if Treasure wouldn't have made it, I-i don't know."

"She's a fighter for real." I chuckled and grabbed her hand.

"I love you Giggles." I kissed her hand and she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"H-hi baby." She smiled. The whole family turned around and ran to her bed almost knocking my ass out of this wheel chair. Bully backed me up so the family could have they moment.

"Where's Reni?"

"In the next room. Her ass passed out and they have her here to make sure the baby is okay."