Chapter 29: Chillin

Dave

Dave

"She go whoop yo ass Dave."

"She'll be alright." I waved Serenity off.

"Where's my little homie?"

"On a mommy, daughter date." I scoffed.

"Damn she can't spend time with her mama?"

"Mind ya business."

"Nigga, you in my house, you can get out." I laughed and she flicked me off.

"You and Bully together yet?" She looked at me before sitting down and sighing.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think he wants to be with me?"

"Why wouldn't he? You're carrying his baby."

"But that's the thing. I don't want him to feel like he has to be with me because of this child. I want him to be with me for me." She played with her fingers.

"Do you want to be with him?"

"Between me and you Dave. Yes I do and I'm fucking scared. I never wanted to be with anybody really because I feel like it's a waste."

"Why?"

"I watched my mom and dad argue all my life. My mom always said she wish she never got married. Then she told me guys were always after one thing never the heart." She sighed. "So I just always gave them one thing and kept my heart out of it but with Bully it's different. I caught feelings for him when it was just supposed to be a fling. I don't wanna finally open up just to be played." I stared at her and grabbed her hand.

"I can't tell you exactly what he feels but I can guarantee he's not here to play you. He's too old to be playing games." She laughed and shook her head. "Don't let what your parents did or said fuck up your future. You got a good head on your shoulder, you just got a Harris wall."

"Is that really a thing?" She laughed.

"Yes, you and Treasure got some brick walls shit." She started laughing and to my surprise she gave me a hug.

"Thank you Dave, you can actually be nice."

"Yo mean ass can too." I smiled and she smacked her lips.

"I'm hungry." She sighed and looked her stomach. She had a small pudge but nothing too major.

"Don't try to blame your fat ass problems on my nephew."

"No you didn't." She socked arm. "Just call me fat."

"Damn!" Her and Treasure is heavy handed as fuck. No wonder Judy was in the hospital for three weeks.

"Get out!"

"Naw hell naw! We just had a nice ass moment calm down.

"You just called me fat Dave!" Her lip quivered making a nigga feel bad.