Chapter 36: After Math

Treasure

I finally got out the hospital today and to say I'm in pain is an understatement. My whole body felt like it was on fire and the peels they were giving me wasn't doing shit. The only good thing I was looking foreword to was finally seeing JJ. I didn't want him to be up in the hospital with all the germs and I didn't want him freaking out seeing all those wires hooked into me. The swelling in my face has went down and the bruises had cleared so I didn't feel as hideous as I did before. To make matters even worse me and Dave was all over the news and social media. He's been doing interviews about it while I've been trying to stay hidden. Y'all should have seen how many cameras was outside when we got out the hospital. Damn near almost sent me back. On the brighter side we did get a lot of condolences from I guess you can say fans. That sound weird as hell to say.

"Giggles." Dave smiled limping into my bedroom.

"Hey, where were you?"

"I had a business call to make and I didn't wanna be loud." He sat in the bed next to me. "You go eat for me today baby?"

"I'm not hungry babe."

"Treasure."

"David."

"You gotta eat Giggles."

"I'll eat when I'm hungry." He huffed and got out the bed.

"Moms is coming over today." I nodded and sighed. I didn't mind the company but I kind of just wanted to be left alone. "You don't want her to?"

"No she can. I love when she's over." He sat back down on the before pulling to him.

"Speak ya mental. How you feeling?"

"I honestly feel like nothing. I don't feel sad but I don't feel happy. I feel numb." He stared at me and bit his lip. Then he got up and went over to the TV. I sat up looking at him confused and then I seen Love & Basketball starting up.

"Baby." I giggled and he smiled.

"I miss that smile." He smiled and I sighed. I know I had so much to smile about and be grateful for being alive but for some reason I just couldn't. My body was in pain but emotions was numb. After getting situated he came and sat back down on the bed with me as we watched the movie.

"When you moving down here Dave?" He looked at me and smiled.

"You want me to?"

"Why not, you always down here."

"I gotta think about it baby. Shit all I know is New York and besides you and Kairi everything is down there. My home, work, projects I got going."

"I understand baby. It was just a thought."

"You just wanna be watching me."

"I don't have to watch you. I trust you." He smiled. "What?"

"I love that you trust me Giggles."

"You haven't given me a reason not to so I do trust ya ugly ass." He smacked his lips.

"You love this ugly nigga though."

"Mm." I shrugged my shoulders. "Sometimes." We both started laughing and heard a knock at the door. He got up and left out and few minutes later he appeared back with Moni, Courtney and Serenity. "You snuck out the house?" I laughed and she nodded.

"Don't be no snitch Bushy Brow." He smacked his lips and mumbled some shit under his breath before leaving out the room.

"Why didn't you use your key?"